Need help finding an unfindable computer that looks like iMac G3...

MichaelMouton

So around 2008 (when I was 6) my parents' friends gave me a funky looking all-in-one machine. Here are some basic things I can remember...

Was Intel branded (bottom centre bezel and boot logo).

It was an all-in-one desktop, similar in looks to a blue iMac G3.

Had an integrated phone on the top, and presumably a 56k modem.

It ran Windows 95.

Has a Pentium CPU.

So okay, it had a Pentium and looked like an iMac G3, unusual to say the least.  My father tells me that the machine was an education oriented system. I can't ask the people I got it from because they live in the Netherlands, and I in South Africa.  I also don't have any pictures of the computer. 

I tried Googling, but had no luck.

images.jpeg

The eMachines eOne?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

I have seen the video from LGR (he does make some pretty good stuff), but this doesn't match up with the phone and Intel branding.  I'll try and check with my grandparents to see if they may have some pics, but I don't have high hopes. 

22 minutes ago, MichaelMouton said:

I have seen the video from LGR (he does make some pretty good stuff), but this doesn't match up with the phone and Intel branding.  I'll try and check with my grandparents to see if they may have some pics, but I don't have high hopes. 

It could very well be some European/Netherlands based brand, especially if it was used in education.

1 hour ago, MichaelMouton said:

integrated phone on the top

I just noticed this detail, a built in phone? I knew there were modems that worked by placing your handset on top of them, but I've never seen a computer with a built in phone before.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

1 hour ago, BobVonBob said:

It could very well be some European/Netherlands based brand, especially if it was used in education.

I just noticed this detail, a built in phone? I knew there were modems that worked by placing your handset on top of them, but I've never seen a computer with a built in phone before.

It does sound more like it had an acoustic coupler built in rather than a phone but who knows. 

A Pentium seems too late for an acoustic coupler. Could it have been a proprietary system built for a specific business need? 

Edit

Something like this? 

440px-TeleGuide-terminal.jpg.0bd49ce3255a4833d29166563aec6862.jpg

Apparently it's a Teleguide terminal. 

Unfortunately no.  Another detail I probably should've mentioned is that is had those T6 security type screws.  I know this because I tried disassembling the machine.

Again, it looked almost exactly like an iMac G3, but full of Intel branding, and the phone.

FJ4GUA4G7DYYIJB.LARGE.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hey man! You probably found it already or gave up but I think what you're talking about is the "Intel Dot Station". I had one too when I always a kid 🙂

superior.jpg

On 2/16/2022 at 9:47 AM, joeyck said:

Hey man! You probably found it already or gave up but I think what you're talking about is the "Intel Dot Station". I had one too when I always a kid 🙂

superior.jpg

Is that one of those Rare Internet Appliances I heard so much about? I thought the last ones finally died off in the Early 2000's.

On 2/16/2022 at 9:47 AM, joeyck said:

superior.jpg

That certainly fits the description. @MichaelMoutonhasn't logged in since your post so hopefully he sees this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 5:47 PM, joeyck said:

superior.jpg

Holy shit this is it!!!

Haven't seen one of these in forever.  Ahh, the memories....