Should I lock CPU Ratio?

Go to solution Solved by Mateyyy,
2 minutes ago, Juanmacaam said:

There I uploaded some images of the BIOS, doing what you said. Is it OK like that? Thanks for answering!

[...]

Yeah give it a try with 1700MHz FCLK and see how it goes.

Your UCLK should also be 1:1 with FCLK but afaik that's by default, so you shouldn't need to worry about it. 

Hi there! I have a system equipped with a Ryzen 3500 (6c/6t) that it supposed to boost to 4.1GHz. I tried locking the CPU speed to different amounts and I found its sweetspot of 4.05GHz. But I just watched the video that uploaded JazzyTwoCents and it left me wondering, am I loosing some performance on everyday tasks by keeping the CPU manually locked at 4.05GHz or am I ok leaving it that way? I found that in this configuration I get the higher scores on Cinebench and the CPU doesn't really heat up too much, so it's perfect, but as I said, I'm not sure if by leaving the CPU clock locked manually I'm loosing some boost performance on single core bursty tasks. The memory is running at 3400MHz with DOCP timings and FCLK at 1800MHz. 

Well the advertised boost clock is single-core anyway, which you won't see too often. I'd still just rather suggest leaving it as is and enabling PBO, and let that do its thing. 

Also, I'd try dropping the FCLK to 1700MHz to have it 1:1 with the memory, as it'll very likely also give your performance a boost.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Just now, Mateyyy said:

Well the advertised boost clock is single-core anyway, which you won't see too often. I'd still just rather suggest leaving it as is and enabling PBO, and let that do its thing. 

Also, I'd try dropping the FCLK to 1700MHz to have it 1:1 with the memory, as it'll very likely also give your performance a boost.

There I uploaded some images of the BIOS, doing what you said. Is it OK like that? Thanks for answering!

image.jpg

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, Juanmacaam said:

[...]

Yeah give it a try with 1700MHz FCLK and see how it goes.

Your UCLK should also be 1:1 with FCLK but afaik that's by default, so you shouldn't need to worry about it. 

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC