Cooler Master MWE v2 650 bronze vs Antec NeoECO Classic 650W 80+ Bronze Power Supply

oblisants

Im on a pretty tight budget and these two PSU's seemed to be good options price wise. Has anyone had any experience with either, Im a first time system builder so I have no experience with either of these brands. Any recommendations would be really appreciated.

2 hours ago, 5x5 said:

The MWE Bronze is shit and has some pretty glaring problems. Avoid it. Look for a Corsair CX 550 or SeaSonic S12III 600

Thanks so much! Im gonna go look at those immediately. Also do you think the EVGA G1 + 650W is good, with a bit of budgeting I am able to purchase it and I'm wondering if it is worth the extra cost and effort. 

Just now, oblisants said:

Thanks so much! Im gonna go look at those immediately. Also do you think the EVGA G1 + 650W is good, with a bit of budgeting I am able to purchase it and I'm wondering if it is worth the extra cost and effort. 

The G1 is an ancient design and it wasn't even good for when it was released. By modern standards, it's very overpriced and mediocre. The CX is superior

Just now, 5x5 said:

The G1 is an ancient design and it wasn't even good for when it was released. By modern standards, it's very overpriced and mediocre. The CX is superior

Dude you have helped me so much, thank you again!

Just now, oblisants said:

Dude you have helped me so much, thank you again!

No problem. I'm not sure where you're from but the Be Quiet Pure Power Gold is a very solid unit and usually affordable

5 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

No problem. I'm not sure where you're from but the Be Quiet Pure Power Gold is a very solid unit and usually affordable

Unfortunately, its sold out from most of the places near me at the moment but thanks for the suggestion. I managed to find the CX550M for a good price which is good, im just worried it might be a little under powered for my GTX1080 Strix.

3 minutes ago, oblisants said:

im just worried it might be a little under powered for my GTX1080 Strix.

It will be more than enough 

550 is more than enough for most systems

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

14 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

It will be more than enough 

550 is more than enough for most systems

Thanks so much!

28 minutes ago, oblisants said:

Unfortunately, its sold out from most of the places near me at the moment but thanks for the suggestion. I managed to find the CX550M for a good price which is good, im just worried it might be a little under powered for my GTX1080 Strix.

The atrix uses about 200-220W. You're fine

2 hours ago, 5x5 said:

The G1 Nex and the G1+ are completley different. The G1+ is similar to the Pure Power 10/11, GQ and GD v1.

1 hour ago, oblisants said:

for my GTX1080 Strix

Why are you looking at low end PSUs for a $500 GPU?

:)

Was given the GPU by a buddy who upgraded to an RTX2080, so I figured it was about time to build up a system 

Well you need a good PSU for this GPU, aim at higher budget, with current situation that would be about 100$ or so. Not that price is an indicator of PSU quality but good PSUs, appropriate for this GPU generally cost about this amount currently, maybe you'll be able to find smth for about 80$. Where are you buying from anyway ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

10 hours ago, Juular said:

Well you need a good PSU for this GPU, aim at higher budget, with current situation that would be about 100$ or so. Not that price is an indicator of PSU quality but good PSUs, appropriate for this GPU generally cost about this amount currently, maybe you'll be able to find smth for about 80$. Where are you buying from anyway ?

Im buying form a few smaller places in my local area. Also its all good, I just checked on the asus website and they recommend a 500W PSU for this card as well so I think with 550W im covered at least for now. Thanks very much for the advice though, im really greatful.