PSU Huge Problem

HelpPLS.

so i have bought a custom built and when i tested it out at the store it was perefectly fine , camehome tried to plug it in worked fine but had flickers if i play demending games, but it was fine in non-demending like cs go ect .. after a month of playing one day i woke up and went to play  i had flickers even on chrome , i checked and i found out my psu fan was not spinning , opened it cleaned the psu fan , turned it on , back to how it used to be (flickers on demending games such as jc4 , cod warzone ect ..) but this time i wanted to keep flickering to see what happens , and after 3 mins of flickers getting sstronger and stronger my pc turned off like the power cut

notes:

flickers in demending games come by time like after 2 mins of playing i started flickering

when  i record the flickers i dont see them on my screen

so pls pls help me , i can't go back to the store because of corona and i can't contact the guy

PC

i5 2400

gtx 1050

8gb ram

unkown brand of a 750WATT PSU

i would check your GPU sounds more like an GPU problem, maybe your PSU has a 0-fan-mode and that is why its not spinning 

Just now, _Omega_ said:

i would check your GPU sounds more like an GPU problem, maybe your PSU has a 0-fan-mode and that is why its not spinning 

no no no , my gpu temps are perfectly fine and so is my cpu , if i stress the gpu alone i dont get the flickers but if i stress both of them i get  the flickers

Well it sounds quite a lot like a defective graphics card. You can remove the graphics card and run the PC with only integrated graphics, to test. You should have taken it right back to the shop, not waited a month, hopefully they will service you.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Return to the seller,if it flickered since day 1 it was probably broken in the first place.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Well it sounds quite a lot like a defective graphics card. You can remove the graphics card and run the PC with only integrated graphics, to test. You should have taken it right back to the shop, not waited a month, hopefully they will service you.

man , its not a gpu problem 100%  cuz when i stress my gpu alone i dont get the problem but when i stress both cpu and gpu i get the problem and my psu gets hot but my cpu and gpu are both fine

Just now, HelpPLS. said:

no no no , my gpu temps are perfectly fine and so is my cpu , if i stress the gpu alone i dont get the flickers but if i stress both of them i get  the flickers

temps are not all... the slicone itself kan go bad

Try ddu

And try getting rid of any overclock 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

9 minutes ago, HelpPLS. said:

so i have bought a custom built and when i tested it out at the store it was perefectly fine , camehome tried to plug it in worked fine but had flickers if i play demending games, but it was fine in non-demending like cs go ect .. after a month of playing one day i woke up and went to play  i had flickers even on chrome , i checked and i found out my psu fan was not spinning , opened it cleaned the psu fan , turned it on , back to how it used to be (flickers on demending games such as jc4 , cod warzone ect ..) but this time i wanted to keep flickering to see what happens , and after 3 mins of flickers getting sstronger and stronger my pc turned off like the power cut

notes:

flickers in demending games come by time like after 2 mins of playing i started flickering

when  i record the flickers i dont see them on my screen

so pls pls help me , i can't go back to the store because of corona and i can't contact the guy

how exactly do you define "flickering" is it an audible issue coming from inside your case or is it a visual issue on your screen?

Desktop: Intel Core i7-9700K | Be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F | Balistix Sport 32GB | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | Samsung 860 EVO 250GB | 4TB HDD

Corsair RM750xASUS ROG Stryx GeForce RTX 2070 Super OC | Be quiet! silent base 801

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad T-430

Community Standards

Folding@Home

My Stats F@H

1 minute ago, HelpPLS. said:

man , its not a gpu problem 100%  cuz when i stress my gpu alone i dont get the problem but when i stress both cpu and gpu i get the problem and my psu gets hot but my cpu and gpu are both fine

Doesn't necessarily mean it's a PSU problem, and also, what do you stress the GPU with? If it only has a problem when rendering a 3D scene, and you use an artificial test like aida64, it may not trigger the problem.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, _Omega_ said:

temps are not all... the slicone itself kan go bad

expline how its a gpu problem when i stress the gpu alone i dont get it but when i stress the cpu and gpu i get it ?? it sounds like a psu problem to me not being able to give enough power to both of them

Doesn't necessarily mean it's a PSU problem, and also, what do you stress the GPU with? If it only has a problem when rendering a 3D scene, and you use an artificial test like aida64, it may not trigger the problem.

funmark

Just now, CYBR_GHST said:

how exactly do you define "flickering" is it an audible issue coming from inside your case or is it a visual issue on your screen?

idk i just look at the screen and see black lines/white pixels and like a frame above a frame and if it keep flickering for like 6 mins or higher it turns off by it self

i really think none of you read the whole post

that at one point my psu fan wasn't spinning and the psu was so hott and it flickered even at browsring at chrome and i had to clean the psu fan

Just now, HelpPLS. said:

i really think none of you read the whole post

that at one point my psu fan wasn't spinning and the psu was so hott and it flickered even at browsring at chrome and i had to clean the psu fan

A hot PSU by human touch means nothing, problems for capacitors don't arise until you get above 100 Celsius, which is so burning hot for humans.

A true 750 watt PSU would not need to spin the fan to power a quad core and GTX 1050, your system probably consumes about 200 watts while gaming and maybe 50 or 40 at idle. 

This does not really sound like a power supply problem, you can't find out for certain with your current hardware though. You need to borrow some other parts to test, so if a friend can lend you a graphics card or PSU to test with, you can find out, but there is no way of knowing right now.

Primary PC:

A hot PSU by human touch means nothing, problems for capacitors don't arise until you get above 100 Celsius, which is so burning hot for humans.

A true 750 watt PSU would not need to spin the fan to power a quad core and GTX 1050, your system probably consumes about 200 watts while gaming and maybe 50 or 40 at idle. 

This does not really sound like a power supply problem, you can't find out for certain with your current hardware though. You need to borrow some other parts to test, so if a friend can lend you a graphics card or PSU to test with, you can find out, but there is no way of knowing right now.

do you understand what i meant by hot ?? i meant it was fucking going to explode until i fixed the psu fan then it was like it used to be , you dont want to understand what im saying at all

Just now, HelpPLS. said:

do you understand what i meant by hot ?? i meant it was fucking going to explode until i fixed the psu fan then it was like it used to be , you dont want to understand what im saying at all

and it turned off by it self as soon i was loading a game

If you did not take a thermal measurement, "hot" means nothing. What temperature was your PSU?

Again, if you touched it and it felt hot, that does not matter. PC components will burn you, even when they are cooled properly. They are not made of skin so they do not have to be kept as cool as a human.

Edited by Fasauceome

Primary PC:

If you did not take a thermal measurement, "hot" means nothing. What temperature was your PSU?

Again, if you touched it and it felt hot, that does not matter. PC components will burn you, even when they are cooled properly.

I USED TO TOUCH IT BEFOUR THE PSU FAN WAS NOT SPINNING IT NEVER REACHED THAT HOT IT WAS AT ONE POINT WHERE IF I TOUCH IT I WOULD INSTANTLY REMOVE MY HAND CUZ IT WAS BURNING ME

2 minutes ago, HelpPLS. said:

You should take a deep breath and calm yourself down, i understand it is very emotionaly frustrating if your PC acts that way. but people only want to help you here

Desktop: Intel Core i7-9700K | Be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F | Balistix Sport 32GB | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | Samsung 860 EVO 250GB | 4TB HDD

Corsair RM750xASUS ROG Stryx GeForce RTX 2070 Super OC | Be quiet! silent base 801

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad T-430

Community Standards

Folding@Home

My Stats F@H

2 minutes ago, HelpPLS. said:

i fixed the psu fan then it was like it used to be , you dont want to understand what im saying at all

What's your definition by "it was going to fucking explode" ?

How did you know that ?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Just now, HelpPLS. said:

I USED TO TOUCH IT BEFOUR THE PSU FAN WAS NOT SPINNING IT NEVER REACHED THAT HOT IT WAS AT ONE POINT WHERE IF I TOUCH IT I WOULD INSTANTLY REMOVE MY HAND CUZ IT WAS BURNING ME

WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO DEFEND A 15$ 750WATT PSU I WANTED TO MAKE SURE ITS THE PROBLEM

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

What's your definition by "it was going to fucking explode" ?

How did you know that ?

sorry for the caps befour n

it was so hot to the point where it was like +150C in my opinion SO HOT LIKE LITERALLY FIRE

Since you have already decided that the power supply is at fault, your only choice is to purchase a new one, or tell the shop where you bought the PC that they sold you a defective product.

This current power supply is not salvageable if it does not work anymore, PSU repair is near impossible for most shops.

Primary PC: