I want to buy a gpu

Hello there,
I am planning on buying a new graphics card, because I want better graphics. Furthermore, I have a 144hz monitor so I want good graphics to go with it. I was thinking about buying "ASUS GeForce DUAL RTX2070 EVO 8GB GDDR6 256Bit DX12 Nvidia" , but right now idk if my motherboard and power supply can handle it, because my psu is 600w when the gpu wants 650w. Also my motherboard is very old.

I also wanted to add, if anyone has any reccomendations for a better graphic card, please tell me. 

Thanks

I'm guessing you got the 650W requirement from ASUS' website. That is just the recomended powersupply to have. But a 600W can handle a 2070 no problem. The 2070 will draw around 175W (without being overclocked) at full load. Your system can handle it just fine.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, Uptivuptiz said:

I'm guessing you got the 650W requirement from ASUS' website. That is just the recomended powersupply to have. But a 600W can handle a 2070 no problem. The 2070 will draw around 175W (without being overclocked). Your system can handle it just fine.

Ooh great! Also wanted to add, is my motherboard too old? I really don't want to change it so I'm like (._.)

4 minutes ago, Mr. New To Spec said:

but right now idk if my motherboard and power supply can handle it, because my psu is 600w when the gpu wants 650w. Also my motherboard is very old.

Mobos don't have to do with gpus 

What PSU ? 

Asus over shoots power estimations 

So that's always wrong 

Also get a 5700xt

It's better value

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Mobos don't have to do with gpus 

What PSU ? 

Asus over shoots power estimations 

So that's always wrong 

Also get a 5700xt

It's better value

I added what psu I had to my profile ile 5 min ago... zalman 600w

Just now, Mr. New To Spec said:

I added what psu I had to my profile ile 5 min ago... zalman 600w

Zalman ?! 

You probably need a PSU upgrade 

Get something like a tx550m or a cx550m or a MWE gold and get a 5700xt 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

6 minutes ago, Mr. New To Spec said:

Hello there,
I am planning on buying a new graphics card, because I want better graphics. Furthermore, I have a 144hz monitor so I want good graphics to go with it. I was thinking about buying "ASUS GeForce DUAL RTX2070 EVO 8GB GDDR6 256Bit DX12 Nvidia" , but right now idk if my motherboard and power supply can handle it, because my psu is 600w when the gpu wants 650w. Also my motherboard is very old.

I also wanted to add, if anyone has any reccomendations for a better graphic card, please tell me. 

Thanks

First of all which 600W PSU are you using and do you currently have a discrete GPU in your system ?

System Specs:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.40ghz (6C/12T)
  • Motherboard: Asus Prime B450M-K
  • RAM: Corsair LPX 2*8GB DDR4 @3200mhz CL16
  • GPU: Zotac Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 (TU-104 variant) 6GB GDDR6
  • Case: Antec GX202
  • Storage
  • SSD: WD 240GB,
    HDD: Toshiba 1 TB @7200rpm
  • PSU: Corsair CX550 (2017 grey unit)
  • Display(s): BenQ 22 inches monitor, 1080p @ 60hz
  • Cooling: 3 Antec case fans 120 mm (2 blue LED front intake and 1 non LED rear exhaust)
  • Sound: Behringer UMC22 USB Audio interface, AudioTechnica ATH M20x studio headphones
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

1 minute ago, vinit6694skr said:

First of all which 600W PSU are you using and do you currently have a discrete GPU in your system ?

ZALMAN ZM600-LE SERies 600W, also by discrete gpu, I guess I have gtx 1060 mini?

2070 Super will run without problems on your 600W PSU if you dont overclock anything. Your System config will not even need 600W if you overclock CPU and GPU i think.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Zalman ?! 

You probably need a PSU upgrade 

Get something like a tx550m or a cx550m or a MWE gold and get a 5700xt 

Why is it so bad tho and changing it is such a hassle tho it's ok. Also I just looked and 5700rtx vs rtx2070 it's so wierd they are too similar, what's even the difference

Just now, Stahlmann98 said:

2070 Super will run without problems on your 600W PSU if you dont overclock anything. Your System config will not even need 600W if you overclock CPU and GPU i think.

idk overclocking, never done it. tho if it makes everything better i'll do so

1 minute ago, Mr. New To Spec said:

it's so wierd they are too similar, what's even the difference

2070 super has nvec h265 ( useless unless your streaming ) and it is more expensive

2 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

2070 Super will run without problems on your 600W PSU

Quality has nothing to do with wattage

It could be a 600w and it could provide like 500 on it's 12v rail lat alone how bad the soldering quality it could have etc

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

2070 super has nvec h265 ( useless unless your streaming ) and it is more expensive

It could be a 600w and it could provide like 500 on it's 12v rail lat alone how bad the soldering quality it could have etc

It's pretty expensive to change the psu, but I can do it it's not impossible. Also the prices for 2070 and 5700 are nearly identical, but I get what you're saying if 5700 is as good then I'll go with it.

2 minutes ago, Mr. New To Spec said:

Why is it so bad tho and changing it is such a hassle tho it's ok. Also I just looked and 5700rtx vs rtx2070 it's so wierd they are too similar, what's even the difference

RTX 2070s performance is slightly better than RX 5700xt but the 2070s has additional Ray Tracing and Tensor Cores. 

System Specs:

• Storage
  • Cooling: 3 Antec case fans 120 mm (2 blue LED front intake and 1 non LED rear exhaust)
  • Sound: Behringer UMC22 USB Audio interface, AudioTechnica ATH M20x studio headphones

Just now, vinit6694skr said:

RTX 2070s performance is slightly better than RX 5700xt but the 2070s has additional Ray Tracing and Tensor Cores. 

so 5700 doesn't have ray tracing? Lmao the idea of havin minecraft ray tracing for 30-40 bucks more is a great deal

so 5700 doesn't have ray tracing? Lmao the idea of havin minecraft ray tracing for 30-40 bucks more is a great deal

It doesn't but the 2070 in theory is more expensive 

If they are the same price you can go with either one of them 

But spending some money on a new PSU could have you avoid a dead system

Build Log: 

Forget Ray Tracing just Google DLSS 2.0 and see how promising it looks.

System Specs:

• Storage

If the Price is within 30-40 $ always go for the 2070 Super. It offers more features and slightly higher performance. Only go for the 5700XT if it really is noticeably cheaper. If more upcoming games support DLSS 2.0 the 2070 Super will leave the 5700XT in the dust in the future.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

9 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

With his specs he will maybe run at 300W full load. There is nothing to fear when having a 600W power supply. Of course random exploding ones from no-name-brands are another topic. I dont think that you absolutely have to buy a new PSU.

If you need it right now a vega 64 is nice a 3 fan one from ebay used they will ofthen have 2070 performance and are around the 200£ mark.

New go with a rx5700xt best thing ou can get for the money.

14 minutes ago, Mr. New To Spec said:

ZALMAN ZM600-LE SERies 600W, also by discrete gpu, I guess I have gtx 1060 mini?

I seriously have doubts with your PSU as the LE series is placed in Tier D category

Second you already have a 1060 so better to wait a few months as both Nvidia and AMD are about to launch new GPUs with better performance then the current ones. But PSU you should upgrade to a good 650W one in Tier A or B in the above link.

System Specs:

• Storage

@vinit6694skr
@Stahlmann98
@TofuHaroto
@Uptivuptiz

Thank you very much for the answers. I have decided to go for rtx 2070 (because there's really not that much difference between it and 5700). Also for the psu, I'm going to push mine a bit more, if I see any problems or if I get a bit extra money, I'll get a new one. Thank you all for your time! :3

Thank you all for your time! :3

Good luck ;)

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, Mr. New To Spec said:

@vinit6694skr
@Stahlmann98
@TofuHaroto
@Uptivuptiz

Thank you very much for the answers. I have decided to go for rtx 2070 (because there's really not that much difference between it and 5700). Also for the psu, I'm going to push mine a bit more, if I see any problems or if I get a bit extra money, I'll get a new one. Thank you all for your time! :3

Happy to help!

10 minutes ago, vinit6694skr said:

I seriously have doubts with your PSU as the LE series is placed in Tier D category

Second you already have a 1060 so better to wait a few months as both Nvidia and AMD are about to launch new GPUs with better performance then the current ones. But PSU you should upgrade to a good 650W one in Tier A or B in the above link.

Been using the same psu for 4 years i think rn, and I've never experienced a darn wrong thing with it. So I'm a bit hesitant about buying a new one if I really don't need it. Also I want a new graphics card that is in my budget (5000 tl which is around...700 dollars) lmao I never said so but I'm from Turkey and everything is reeeaaaaaly expensive here, yeah my budget is 700 dollars, but 2070 costs that much in Turkey. So yeah.