Can this power supply power a 3950x and a 2080ti?

Guest PhatRATTY

ATNG model aped-1150fc-go 1000W 80 plus gold

I mean I'm sure it can power it, will it last a long time is the question. I'm seeing posts all over a quick google search about that PSU from 2016 and earlier talking about how bad it was.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

It may but I have never heard of this company before...if you didn't purchase it already, check out the PSU Tier List for a better quality one than a fire hazard.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

11 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

It may but I have never heard of this company before...if you didn't purchase it already, check out the PSU Tier List for a better quality one than a fire hazard.

I have had it for over a year on my 2070 and 1700x at the time buying a custom prebuilt cost less than buying the parts by themselves. (I took it apart and reassembled it just for the lols) if anybody knows whether this power supply can accommodate this hardware definitively please respond on this thread.

18 minutes ago, PhatRATTY said:

I have had it for over a year on my 2070 and 1700x at the time buying a custom prebuilt cost less than buying the parts by themselves. (I took it apart and reassembled it just for the lols) if anybody knows whether this power supply can accommodate this hardware definitively please respond on this thread.

Just from what I’m googling that’s a psu cyber power uses for its prebuilts. Do I think company’s pinch pennies in this area? Absolutely. Do I think you should put 2080 ti and a 3950x, 2000 dollars of hardware up against a 60 dollar power supply? Hell no. Yes it could work but you bet your butt you are risking your system using a power supply like that with components like that. Get a good unit because if you are spending 2 grand on a gpu and cpu then you can fork out 135 bucks for a good power supply.

41 minutes ago, IC4 said:

Just from what I’m googling that’s a psu cyber power uses for its prebuilts. Do I think company’s pinch pennies in this area? Absolutely. Do I think you should put 2080 ti and a 3950x, 2000 dollars of hardware up against a 60 dollar power supply? Hell no. Yes it could work but you bet your butt you are risking your system using a power supply like that with components like that. Get a good unit because if you are spending 2 grand on a gpu and cpu then you can fork out 135 bucks for a good power supply.

Very well spoken, seasonic prime px-1000 is what i will be going with

18 minutes ago, PhatRATTY said:

Very well spoken, seasonic prime px-1000 is what i will be going with

You really only need a 850 watt but if you can find anything in stock above that that’s a quality unit then go ahead And that’s a prime choice (hehe get it)

Just now, IC4 said:

You really only need a 850 watt but if you can find anything in stock above that that’s a quality unit then go ahead And that’s a prime choice (hehe get it)

yeah i always have my power supply at 80 percent load max I will be overclocking both cpu and gpu running them on a small chiller all on the same power supply so its good to have a bit of headroom.