Will Grand Theft Auto 5 Come Out On Pc?

Joshua

I'm sure like many of you reading this, you have seen the 3 new trailers that rockstar have released concerning Grand Theft Auto 5. (If you haven't, www.rockstargames.com)

The graphics look amazing and some scenes look especially better than others. Which made me think, which platform is this on? I'm sure that any console game play would be on the current gen platforms, or on PC. However, rockstar have not said PC at all. They've confirmed that it's coming out on current generation consoles but haven't confirmed PC. As a PC gamer, this saddens me a hell of a lot.

I have played every single grand theft auto game on PC. GTA, GTA II, GTA III, GTA VC, GTA SA & GTA IV are all games I have spent many hours playing when they were new and then continued to play buying them on steam after a computer update. If I wouldn't be able to play Grand Theft Auto 5 on PC I would really be shocked and annoyed at rockstar. I hate the fact that I can't play Read Dead Redemption on PC, I feel like I'm missing another crucial installment of Rockstar's high quality line of games. 

If it doesn't come out on PC, I will be one of the Millions of angry gamers furious at Rockstar and I will also seriously consider purchasing an old Xbox 360 and a overpriced, FPS Limited & Bad Quality copy of the game. I hope this won't happen. My guess as to why they haven't said anything yet is that they want to stir up the media, get people talking about it, weather it will, weather it won't. I hope this is true, and this is all rumours.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Either they will announce it in a few months or they will release it after the console ones come out.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

They will release it on the PC because it would mean losing money if they didn't. They will release it several months later and it will be a terrible console port and be practically unplayable on release. Gotta love Rockstar.

It should be, but I'm expecting a crappy port :(.

Its confirmed that GTA 5 Will be on PC

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

Link plz. To my knowledge they haven't confirmed or denied which is a good sign imo.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

SOURCE?

I would also appreciate a source. From my understanding GTA 5 will not be on the PC and it won't even be for next-gen consoles. If it will be coming to the PC, and it's as bad a port as GTA 4 was, it might as well just not come at all... Five years later a 660 ti can't even max GTA 4 at 1080p with playable framerates... but I can max Crysis. 

GTA 4 wasn't announced for the PC until 4-5 months after its release. Considering every other GTA game has eventually made it to the PC, it's more of a question of when and not if. 

Hopefully its a good port as Max Payne 3 was :)

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Hopefully its a good port as Max Payne 3 was :)

Yeah, Max Payne 3 was a surprisingly good port. 

With my 660ti I still get random framedrops playing Gta IV, Yes, I think the new GTA V will eventually be released on the pc. The real question is: "WIll it be a good port?"

I'd get quite mad if they didn't release it on PC.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

I would be really mad if rockstar do this with the pc gamers...

They will release it on the PC because it would mean losing money if they didn't. They will release it several months later and it will be a terrible console port and be practically unplayable on release. Gotta love Rockstar.

yes but my point is Gta 4 was one of the best selling games on consoles to date. People did alot of torrenting on the pc version and got away with a free copy of the game. If Rockstar doesn't release the game on Pc, we will all be sad, but Rockstar has there point.

My Pc Gaming Rig (Blue Blackhawk) Specs: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/V88U

With my 660ti I still get random framedrops playing Gta IV, Yes, I think the new GTA V will eventually be released on the pc. The real question is: "WIll it be a good port?"

I get a shit ton of fps lag and fps lag spikes on a radeon 6950 2gb card. I lowered the settings and it barely helps in fps, Gta 4 had bad luck when it came to graphics optimization.

My Pc Gaming Rig (Blue Blackhawk) Specs: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/V88U

Well, I tried maxing GTAIV out on my 7870, and it runs pretty good (playable) except for nighttime. And that's only because of the dynamic night shadows that are very taxing and I think they were very experemental back then. And the recent Max Payne 3 PC release was very good, the best PC game that came out for a while in fact (from a technical point of view I mean, but it was my fav. game that year too). So I'm really hoping they won't mess it up this time either (even though it's not the same studio that made MP3). I've played the hell out of previous GTA games, they've always been on the PC. I don't see how it would be a financial risk either, since it's one of the best selling game franchises out there. They literally can't loose money over it.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

No it's not confirmed. Quite the opposite though..

But as many said. They'd lose so much money. And since nextgen consoles have hardware very similar to a normal pc. It would be the easiest thing to port.

So just like the previous titles, they're most likely going to release the PC version like 6 months after the ps/xbox version is released. :)

Even if it doesn't come out at launch, they'll have to do it eventually, or Watch Dogs will steal a LOT of potential sales. I really don't care if it's a bad port. We have a great modding community that can probably fix a lot of the problems.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Even if it doesn't come out at launch, they'll have to do it eventually, or Watch Dogs will steal a LOT of potential sales. I really don't care if it's a bad port. We have a great modding community that can probably fix a lot of the problems.

Well that's an interesting thing you brought up there, because there are a couple of layers to this. First of all, Watch Dogs will come out on next gen consoles as well, GTAV to our current knowledge won't. WD will also come out on PC. If they mess up the PC port on GTA V, then Watch Dogs will definetally mop the floor with it. However if Ubisoft messes up WD on PC (which they did a lot of times lately (see Assassin's Creed 3 for the latest example)) GTA would win.

An other interesting outcome would be if GTA V wouldn't sell good enough because a lot of people would change generations, selling off their old consoles and getting next gen and they couldn't play GTA V, or Watch Dogs would win on consoles. That would definetally give Rockstar a kick in the backside to port it to PC so they won't miss out on PC sales.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

Hopefully they have learned from GTA IV, it seems like it because of Max Payne 3. Yeah, I assume it'll just be out later. 

If we want GTA V on PC we should actually do something like sign a petition. I signed this one which is quite close to its mark. http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/rockstar-release-gta-v-on-pc

All we have to do is see if rockstar would take this into consideration. 

It would be a shame if Watch Dogs stole the show. I am looking forward to playing both games as they both look good and their approach to open world gameplay is quite different.

Across the vast and majestic gulf of time and space, the jimmies rustle softly.

I think they'll port it when the next gen comes out as the PS4 is using PC architecture so it will be easy to port at the same time.

I just found this. I don't know how credible the info is, but check this out: http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/16872/20130421/gta-5-release-date-pc-wii-u.htm

"...an announcment concerning other consoles could occur on May 16, when Take Two interactive is scheduled to hold an investor call event, Examiner reports."

"...the gaming company has used similar events in the past to make big announcements.."

The article is fairly poorly written, but the above quoted lines are the most interesting bits. So guys, wait for May 16th and we'll see what comes.