Will Grand Theft Auto 5 Come Out On Pc?

Joshua

I'm expecting a horrid port when it comes to the PC :/

Rockstar said that they would be releasing GTA on pc but only after september 2013 or so,

they are trying to release it on console first so as to gather as much revenue as possible coz everybody knows that the pc world is full of piracy and they dont want to lose money on this

I'm sure like many of you reading this, you have seen the 3 new trailers that rockstar have released concerning Grand Theft Auto 5. (If you haven't, www.rockstargames.com)

The graphics look amazing and some scenes look especially better than others. Which made me think, which platform is this on? I'm sure that any console game play would be on the current gen platforms, or on PC. However, rockstar have not said PC at all. They've confirmed that it's coming out on current generation consoles but haven't confirmed PC. As a PC gamer, this saddens me a hell of a lot.

I have played every single grand theft auto game on PC. GTA, GTA II, GTA III, GTA VC, GTA SA & GTA IV are all games I have spent many hours playing when they were new and then continued to play buying them on steam after a computer update. If I wouldn't be able to play Grand Theft Auto 5 on PC I would really be shocked and annoyed at rockstar. I hate the fact that I can't play Read Dead Redemption on PC, I feel like I'm missing another crucial installment of Rockstar's high quality line of games. 

If it doesn't come out on PC, I will be one of the Millions of angry gamers furious at Rockstar and I will also seriously consider purchasing an old Xbox 360 and a overpriced, FPS Limited & Bad Quality copy of the game. I hope this won't happen. My guess as to why they haven't said anything yet is that they want to stir up the media, get people talking about it, weather it will, weather it won't. I hope this is true, and this is all rumours.

Well thats not a good incentive for them to spend the money and time to make it for PC when you wil get a xbox to play it anyway.  

My PC:

Case: NZXT Phantom 420 | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H-WB WIFI | PSU: Corsair TX650M | CPU: Intel 3570k | CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 with Corsair SP120s in push pull | GPU: AMD 7970 GV-R797OC-3GD | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB | SSD: Samsung 830 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Well thats not a good incentive for them to spend the money and time to make it for PC when you wil get a xbox to play it anyway.  

I'm not trying to convince them or anything, that's just what I will do. What I say will have no effect on Rockstar's decision so that doesn't really matter.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

If it doesn't come out on PC, I will be one of the Millions of angry gamers furious at Rockstar and I will also seriously consider purchasing an old Xbox 360 and a overpriced, FPS Limited & Bad Quality copy of the game. I hope this won't happen. My guess as to why they haven't said anything yet is that they want to stir up the media, get people talking about it, weather it will, weather it won't. I hope this is true, and this is all rumours.

I don't know about Millions. Most people still play games on their tvs.

I don't know about Millions. Most people still play games on their tvs.

Hyperbole

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

GTA V will most likely be on PC but as usual they will make us wait, i mean what would they gain by not releasing on PC particularly Steam....nothing  is what i'm guessing and if V goes the same sort of way as IV then the game will further be enhanced with mods.

I still play or rather mess around in IV plus the expansions quite a bit and even without mods it's as fun as ever but of course the mods do help make it a heck of a lot better.

Desktop
i5-760: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb Asus GTX 760 2gb

Laptop 

i5-4300u: 8GB ram, Intel HD: 128GB: 1080p Touch

It wouldn't make sense for them not not release it on PC as it would means lots of lost profit and I believe that they have released almost all of their games on PC before so I don't see why they would stop. Hopefully it's not like GTA IV though which was and still is an awful port that won't run properly even on the best of computers.

i7 3770K @4.3Ghz, H100, 16GB RAM, Windforce 780Ti & 680, HyperX 3K 120GB SSD, Seagate 500GB, WD 2TB Black, Asus Z-77 V-PRO, Some ODD, 3X 24" 1080P

Didn't we give the same excuses for why there will be a PC version before Red Dead Redemption came out?  Still waiting for that one.