Best clear glue for acrylic - Super Strong!

Guest PhatRATTY

Thats about it needs to hold a small amount of weight but it needs to dry clear be non toxic and be very strong.

12 minutes ago, PhatRATTY said:

Thats about it needs to hold a small amount of weight but it needs to dry clear be non toxic and be very strong.

Acrylic is plastic.  The standard move for plastic to plastic joins where the two types of plastic are the same is one of the “melt” glues that effectively melt two pieces of plastic together.  There are different ones for different types of plastic.  The one you want is most often rather unimaginatively called “acrylic glue“.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 hours ago, PhatRATTY said:

As Bombastinsator has mentioned a solvent glue for acrylic is best, if you can't readily get your hands on acrylic glue CA glue is also acceptable for acrylic but will not be as strong as dedicated solvent glue. If the adhesive needs to be vicious you can also use clear silicone which sticks to acrylic. 

Often it's called "Solvent Welding" or "Acrylic Welding," since technically it's welding and not glueing. Weld-On is a popular brand, and they make the solvent in different thicknesses which affects how fast it "dries". You will also probably need a syringe bottle to apply it. There are a few instructional videos on youtube, but I've never been able to do it as perfectly as they do.