1998 RadioShack Hot Machine Revamp

Hello, I have recently come across a 1998 RadioShack hot machine. It’s a rc car and when I put in new batteries (it’s very power hungry needing about 6-8 AA and 2 9 volts for the car alone!) it actually still moved and worked. I stripped the body down, cut and sanded down the front bumper and adjusted the wheels (also added a camera to the top). However, I wanted to give the motors more power and make the steering motor better and more powerful but do not know how to. I don’t know If I can find 1998 RadioShack motors and really don’t want to go on a witch hunt. Anybody have any ideas? 

What are the current motor specifications? Most likely you will have to replace the motors into order to get better performance.

I can’t find any schematics online so I don’t know and I don’t think I can find 22 year old motors online. I’ll have to check maybe labels. Do you think I can add more power in terms of batteries?

8 hours ago, kkpatel87 said:

What are the current motor specifications? Most likely you will have to replace the motors into order to get better performance.

I’m not sure

7 hours ago, GalaxyGlitch said:

I can’t find any schematics online so I don’t know and I don’t think I can find 22 year old motors online. I’ll have to check maybe labels. Do you think I can add more power in terms of batteries?

Probably not, those motors and power system are designed to be what they. To get more performance, you would most likely have change out the motors and batteries.

On 6/11/2020 at 10:00 PM, kkpatel87 said:

Probably not, those motors and power system are designed to be what they. To get more performance, you would most likely have change out the motors and batteries.

I also want to redo the drive shaft that controls the steering. The way its setup is very odd and the turnage on each wheel is not equal. The steering works by pulling a wire that is connected to both front wheels and is pulled in either direction with a pendulum like piece. The wire that it had originally was not the best so I need ideas on what to connect it with