OBS/Xsplit alternaltives

I need to have a multiview of four I/P cameras with as low latency as possible. So far I have tried OBS and Xsplit but is stil on lookout for better alternatives.

Also OBS is realy unstable and add's at least 100ms delay.

I also need to be able to add text overlays from files, and record the multiview. 

If anyone know of any good alternatives please let me know. Thanks!

How is OBS unstable for you?

You can set the delay in the app. You can also add overlays via OBS once you create them.

OBS/Xsplit are the big players, OBS is the number 1, it should do what you need.

Potato Revamp

CPU: AMD 5900x || GPU: nVidia RTX 3080 || RAM: 32gb Trident Z Neo CL16 || Case: Fractal Torrent Compact || CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 || PSU: Corsair RM850 Gold || Storage: ADATA SX8200 Pro (1TB), 2x Samsung Evo 870 (2TB)

7 hours ago, kewtz said:

How is OBS unstable for you?

You can set the delay in the app. You can also add overlays via OBS once you create them.

OBS/Xsplit are the big players, OBS is the number 1, it should do what you need.

I have a lot of experience with OBS and use it for a lot of projects, but it doesn't handle for I/P cameras (RTSP) at the same time apparently. It constantly crashes, both locking up and just closing. I have tried it on a couple of computers with the same results. Xsplit is more stable for som reason, but I want to make sure that i have the best solution, nor just one that works.

If it wasn't for the stability issues with OBS i would probably use that.

Also you can't set the delay lower than 100ms in OBS.

• 3 weeks later...

obs is the gold standard, i don't know of any alternatives. i've never seen this 100ms delay that you talk about.

12 hours ago, rikupone said:

obs is the gold standard, i don't know of any alternatives. i've never seen this 100ms delay that you talk about.

image.thumb.png.7b7fdb835e237f92e55cb578d08d5d04.png

2 hours ago, matsvg said:

image.thumb.png.7b7fdb835e237f92e55cb578d08d5d04.png

100ms is 1/10th of a second.

Depending on your hardware, it's possible the manufacturer makes a software program. A local business I know has the cameras hooked up to a DVR & you can review this stuff all on the computer with their proprietary program. I don't recall what it's called.