Disk Usage 100% on my Laptop?

KuyaJustin

So.. as the title says.. when I boot my laptop, the disk usage is always at 90% - 100% usage.. It became unusable anymore, can't even browse the web properly. 

I do not play games on this laptop, even when I reformat my HDD clean, still it's so slow.. and still getting this 100% disk usage.

Is it because my HDD is faulty and needs to be replaced with a new one? or just my laptop is so slow and I'm used to SSD now [yes, I have my own PC now with SSD]

The laptop I'm using is a Lenovo Yoga 500.

• I always update my Windows Update since I saw somewhere in the internet that to prevent the disk usage going up to 100% you need to update your windows frequently. [but still no luck]
  • I'm trying to defrag my laptop now, will this work?

33VSNLg.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Justin.

Get an SSD.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Get an SSD.

For real? is that how slow HDD 5200rpm are now compare to the SSD these days / I am using on my PC? damn.

So even if I buy another HDD? still no luck and same speed? or you think my HDD have a issue compare to the normal ones? since I'm always getting 100% usage?

Just now, KuyaJustin said:

For real? is that how slow HDD 5200rpm are now compare to the SSD these days / I am using on my PC? damn.

So even if I buy another HDD? still no luck and same speed? or you think my HDD have a issue compare to the normal ones? since I'm always getting 100% usage?

It's possible it's dying but it is inherently the slowest type of hard drive (2.5" 5200rpm). Just get an SSD, will make a fucking massive difference.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, KuyaJustin said:

Even with an HDD it shouldn't do that.

Either your HDD is dying, your computer is infected, or windows is installing updates in the background.

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

4 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Get rid of your malware miners

How do I see if I have 'malware miners' on my laptop? 

3 minutes ago, Void Master said:

Even with an HDD it shouldn't do that.

Either your HDD is dying, your computer is infected, or windows is installing updates in the background.

Yeah.. that's what I thought it should be "useable" somehow.. but now it's not.

Computer is infected with virus? or malware? imma try to scan a antivirus after this defragment. 

Windows update are now complete and I even restart it already. 

Do you think replacing this HDD with a new one will solve the problem? 

2 minutes ago, KuyaJustin said:

Yeah.. that's what I thought it should be "useable" somehow.. but now it's not.

Computer is infected with virus? or malware? imma try to scan a antivirus after this defragment. 

Windows update are now complete and I even restart it already. 

Do you think replacing this HDD with a new one will solve the problem? 

Depends really, try to check the SMART status of the HDD first. How old is the HDD ?

If you are going to replace it,  just get an SSD with DRAM cache.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

10 hours ago, Void Master said:

Depends really, try to check the SMART status of the HDD first. How old is the HDD ?

If you are going to replace it,  just get an SSD with DRAM cache.

So I did a SMART Status on the HDD. And it says "Caution [05] Reallocated Sectors Count : 16"

I used CrystalDiskInfo for the SMART Status. 

EDIT: Also tried using the HDD Sentinel, says that my HDD Health is at 83% and still there is a sectors count 16. Is it bad? or just "hdd" are just slow?

10 hours ago, KuyaJustin said:

So I did a SMART Status on the HDD. And it says "Caution [05] Reallocated Sectors Count : 16"

I used CrystalDiskInfo for the SMART Status. 

EDIT: Also tried using the HDD Sentinel, says that my HDD Health is at 83% and still there is a sectors count 16. Is it bad? or just "hdd" are just slow?

It's going bad, i suggest you replace it with an SSD quickly.

in few months the number of reallocated sections will greatly increase, which means that the bad data blocks on the HDD will also increase.

Back up your data, and considering getting a new drive (preferably an SSD, as they became cheap)