Jealous of the S5's heartbeat sensor.....all you actually have to do is download an app

So the S5's heartbeat scanner isn't s5 exclusive. All you need to do to get this feature on your phone is download one of the heartbeat reading apps from the Apple App Store or Google play store. And all the app needs is only a camera with flash

All you need to do is place your finger gently over the camera and click the start button. It works pretty well too as far as I can see

SOURCE: http://9to5mac.com/2014/02/25/jealous-of-s5-heart-rate-monitor-your-iphone-can-already-measure-your-heart-rate-with-these-apps/

Yes,sure.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

It kinda works.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

This is more for fun as I see it. Any one who seriously needs to monitor their health will not rely on a camera on a phone, assuming they are even remotely educated.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

10bpm...Wow.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

If i was Bruce Banner i would not trust that app  :)

Just code some app that will give a random value between 60-100 bpm and you're good Developer that makes heart beating detector for iOS App! :) Don't forget the fancy art work!

Instant heart rate actually has quite a few good reviews claiming it's accurate. And it seems reasonably accurate from experience too.

Desktop: Core i5-2500K, ASUS GTX 560, MSI Z68A GD65, CM HAF 912 Advanced, OCZ Vertex 4, WD 1TB Black, Seasonic P660, Samsung S27A850D, Audioengine A2, Noctua NH-D14, NB eLoops

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013, Razer Deathadder 3.5G, Razer Deathadder 2013, Razer Goliathus Control, Razer Manticor

Just code some app that will give a random value between 60-100 bpm and you're good Developer that makes heart beating detector for iOS App! :) Don't forget the fancy art work!

It actually does work accurately, as tycheleto instant heart rate seems pretty accurate. I compared it with the one on my treadmill and it only differs mostly by 2-4 bpm

This is one of those things that is hard to believe....

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB WD Blue 2x Gigabit NIC Antec 300 OCZ 500w PSU Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 R1.1

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of those things that is hard to believe....

Though I don't know how it works either I can confirm from experience that it indeed works. I did a comparision with an electronic blood pressure meter on my left arm and I've used "Instant Heart Rate" app with my Galaxy Note 3 on my right hand's index finger. They both showed the same result.

I'm not claiming it's 100% accurate all the time, perhaps it depends on the testing conditions. (I was sitting comfortably on a chair.)

What I really don't understand is why Samsung even bothered to put an extra sensor in S5. Maybe it gives more accurate results but it's really not worth the extra cost in my opinion.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh heart rate app.... at this point i'd rather not have a heart rate. bad times

It uses your phones built-in camera to track color changes on the fingertip that are directly linked to your pulse. This is the same technique that medical pulse oximeters use.

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place