Recording via Obs on two amd gpus.

Melodic8

So i have two graphics cards, rx 480 4gb and a rx 550 2gb, and the latest version of obs. so i want my rx 480 to be the one to play games and the rx 550 2gb to be the one recording that should get load off the main gpu but as i try to record it is very laggy the audio will have no effect but the video being recorded will have major stutters and lags to sometimes freezes and won't change until i close it and running it as admin has no effect on it, the settings are put down so that it can handle it better but still has problems even trying to record and will have those framing issues, why is that? trying to find solutions on the internet only yields nvidia gpus and no amd gpu at all. is there a way to get both of them to work or just run on one gpu? Any help would be beneficial.

2 minutes ago, Melodic8 said:

that should get load off the main gpu

Why would you want to do that? AFAIK the video encoder part of the gpu is separate from the parts needed for gaming, so there shouldn't be any performance penalty for streaming/recording? So what are you trying to achieve here exactly by using 2 cards?

I would try with just the 1 card and see if that works (it absolutely should)

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Just now, ShortRouter said:

@Origami Cactusthere is still some effect on GPU performance but it's like -5 %.

Yeah, 1-5%, nothing worth getting another gpu for. In my experience with the rx480 8gb for the time i had it, the difference was completely unnoticable in everyday gaming.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

i only added a second gpu for a second monitor cause im still waiting on a display adapter but after trying it out with my rx 480 by itself obs is still having the same problems as my 2 gpu rig with recording, it still shows major delay and stutters and even freezes on one scene and just with a single gpu it worse and audio is still fine it has no problems. and as such everything is up to date made sure of that.

• 5 months later...
On 6/7/2020 at 11:06 AM, Melodic8 said:

i only added a second gpu for a second monitor cause im still waiting on a display adapter but after trying it out with my rx 480 by itself obs is still having the same problems as my 2 gpu rig with recording, it still shows major delay and stutters and even freezes on one scene and just with a single gpu it worse and audio is still fine it has no problems. and as such everything is up to date made sure of that.

Have you had any luck with this? I got a 1660s and was hoping to get something better for 1440p while using the 1660 encoding and the other for palying