HELP

nischayvm
Go to solution Solved by SansVarnic,

-= Topic Merged =-

-= Topic Moved to Troubleshooting =-

One topic on the subject is enough.

hello guys,

i have a mobile which was brought in 2016 its model number is samsung a9 pro.please make sure to watch the video the problem is when i check the storage size it says it has consumed 16 gb but when i enter the folder and select the file indivisually it says it has consumed 2.6 gb what is going on. please help

hello guys,

i have a mobile which was brought in 2016 its model number is samsung a9 pro.please make sure to watch the video the problem is when i check the storage size it says it has consumed 16 gb but when i enter the folder and select the file indivisually it says it has consumed 2.6 gb what is going on. please help

Android doesn't expose its entire file system to Windows.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

a lot of it is probably hidden os system files , that's not much space for a phone these days anyways so seems normal

3 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

Android doesn't expose its entire file system to Windows.

do you think that android consumes 10gb of os

13 minutes ago, nischayvm said:

Depends on the version and storage size, but Android 10 takes up 16.7GB on my phone.

You'll get much more accurate readings of what's consuming storage in the phone's UI itself rather than in Windows.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

30 minutes ago, nischayvm said:

The UI matters

I have a stock android phone ( a pixel ) and android takes around 5-8 gigs but if you have a heavy skin it might take a whole lot and bloatware also matters 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

-= Topic Merged =-

-= Topic Moved to Troubleshooting =-

One topic on the subject is enough.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

@nischayvm Maybe the question of contact will help.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-size-of-Android-8-0#:~:text=Download size is just under,rom size to install Oreo.

I will quote

Download size is just under 3gb, and after installed on any device that is at least 3gb ram, then will be taking up to 7gb storage from internal. So as the other one said you need to have at least a 16gb rom size to install Oreo.

I see you are suffering to understand the eMMC type disk size. It's just SATA speed flash memory. Might also be used as the virtual ram space. Your Chromebook (if any) is just the same.

Textisaurus; shipping from life with love, stantsiya mir was a weird encounter, stantsiya novy afon...