AMD Embedded Radeon E8860

yesman

looks like amd is going some where with this  

"AMD today announced the Embedded Radeon E8860 GPU, the industry's first discrete graphics card based on Graphics Core Next (GCN). The GPU, codenamed 'Adelaar', offers more than double the performance of its predecessor within the same power envelope. It is expected to provide 3D and 4K graphics capability to; embedded gaming machines, digital signage, medical imaging, commercial aerospace, military equipment and even kitchen appliances."

http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/66605-amd-embedded-radeon-e8860-offers-92-better-3d-performance/

Well if its heat output is anything like the 290/290X than I am looking at my new oven!  And now with Mantle I'll be able to cook a pot roast "up to" 40% faster!!!!

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Adelaar in dutch means eagle :D 

Case: Fractal Design R4 Window PSU: Seasonic G-series 650w MOBO: 870 Extreme R2.0 CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus DirectCU II Radeon HD 7970 

looks like amd is going some where with this  

"AMD today announced the Embedded Radeon E8860 GPU, the industry's first discrete graphics card based on Graphics Core Next (GCN). The GPU, codenamed 'Adelaar', offers more than double the performance of its predecessor within the same power envelope. It is expected to provide 3D and 4K graphics capability to; embedded gaming machines, digital signage, medical imaging, commercial aerospace, military equipment and even kitchen appliances."

http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/66605-amd-embedded-radeon-e8860-offers-92-better-3d-performance/

Fuck yeah! Now I can get a couple frags in while I decide what to eat!  :angry:

-------

Current Rig

-------

far cry 3 on my toaster while i toast some modern potatoes running half life 2 ... (OMG THERE IS A 3 IN FAR CRY 3... HL3 CONFIRMED) 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

Well if its heat output is anything like the 290/290X than I am looking at my new oven!  And now with Mantle I'll be able to cook a pot roast "up to" 40% faster!!!!

this would be useful on that toaster i mentioned earlier 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

the next consoles could also be toasters. just sayin.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270