Thoughts on thus build

looks p good, my only thing is wonder if you want to go all ssd at 1 TB instead of ssd+hdd at 2.5TB? also you may be able to get away with a cheaper psu as long as its B+ on this list

CPU: AMD 3600X

GPU: Nvidia 3070 (planned)

motherboard: MSI B500-A PRO

memory: G Skill Ripjaws V 2x8 GB 3600Mhz CL16

PSU: EVGA B3 650@

Case: NZXT H510

wireless network adapter: intel ax200

Ditch the HDD, downgrade to an R3 3300x (identical gaming performance), and upgrade to an RX 5700 xt.

Everything else is fine.

7 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Ditch the HDD, downgrade to an R3 3300x (identical gaming performance), and upgrade to an RX 5700 xt.

Everything else is fine.

No, if i have the money i'll still stick to a 3600. Two more core means there's a longer time gap before you need to switch to a new processor.

Everything looks fine, apart from the motherboard. I'll go for Tomahawk Max if i were you.

3 minutes ago, Promosss said:

No, if i have the money i'll still stick to a 3600. Two more core means there's a longer time gap before you need to switch to a new processor.

The 3300x is also a single CCX layout which makes per-core performance significantly faster, resulting in significantly higher single-thread performance and honestly comparable multi-core performance for the lower price. 

Even Linus himself finds it hard to justify a 3600 when the 3300x is that close in terms of performance.

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

The 3300x is also a single CCX layout which makes per-core performance significantly faster, resulting in significantly higher single-thread performance and honestly comparable multi-core performance for the lower price. 

Even Linus himself finds it hard to justify a 3600 when the 3300x is that close in terms of performance.

Only if you pair it with an RTX2080ti . The bottleneck is still gonna be the GPU. But if you run games that utilizes 4 cores+ you'll still have another 2 cores for doing anything else : video capturing, discord, any background apps etc. More and more games have started utilizing 4 cores or more.

9 minutes ago, Promosss said:

Everything looks fine, apart from the motherboard. I'll go for Tomahawk Max if i were you.

What is wrong with the motherboard i would just like to know before i make the switch

9 minutes ago, Promosss said:

Only if you pair it with an RTX2080ti . The bottleneck is still gonna be the GPU. But if you run games that utilizes 4 cores+ you'll still have another 2 cores for doing anything else : video capturing, discord, any background apps etc. More and more games have started utilizing 4 cores or more.

RDR2 utilizes 6 cores and the 3300x came up faster. Games may utilize more cores/threads but they still prioritize single thread performance

True, the cinebench multi-thread score is 35% faster, but the MSRP is almost 70% higher... In a £750 build every individual component should be absolute value for money. It's a better value multicore chip and its gaming performance is essentially identical to the 3600.

It would also allow him to upgrade to a 5700 xt which will last WAY longer than a 1660 Super. I mean ffs the RX 580 is giving the 1660 super a hard time. It came out over 3 years ago for cheaper than the 1660 Super is now lmao.

However I'll give you the 3600 for now because it's on sale for £150 and the 3300x is currently sold out everywhere. 

3 minutes ago, Re0 said:

What is wrong with the motherboard i would just like to know before i make the switch

I can't tell you the specifics because i'm not too knowledgable about motherboards but it ranked at Tier E on motherboard tier list, while the tomahawk max is ranked at C. Basically the Tomahawk Max has better power delivery, better VRMs , that will ensure a better overclocking result. 

1 minute ago, Promosss said:

I can't tell you the specifics because i'm not too knowledgable about motherboards but it ranked at Tier E on motherboard tier list, while the tomahawk max is ranked at C. Basically the Tomahawk Max has better power delivery, better VRMs , that will ensure a better overclocking result. 

Ok thank you