Gearbest/Banggood seem too cheap? Legit for phones?

The Torrent
24 minutes ago, Nick Neuburg said:

no does not look that realistic

i found something interesting.

seems they even mention gearbest as an official retailer on the poco website?

Or if they are legit things take forever to ship.

Ordered a mount for my e3d v6 hotend (3d printing) back in march....should get here sometime in July

Yay boats

Alienware Area 51m 2019:  RTX 2060 | i7-9700 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance (2x16GB) 2666 | 1TB 970 EVO | 240GB Corsair Force MP510.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=812790

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NZKshatriya/saved/

BACKUP SYSTEM:  ASUS Prime X470 PRO | Ryzen 5 1600 | G.skill FORTIS 16GB(2x8GB) 2400 | SanDisk SDSSDA 120GB | EVGA SuperNOVA GA 850 | HAF-XB-EVO

It's not going to be that cheap when you get it. They don't include VAT. So you're looking at 490 + duty + shipping.

You'd probably be better off just getting it locally, if they sell it at shops there. Your better covered when it comes to warranty that way.

It is missing a band for 4G if you're in Three. Something to keep in mind.

34 minutes ago, Nick Neuburg said:

no does not look that realistic

Do you have any reason to think that?

5 minutes ago, NZKshatriya said:

Or if they are legit things take forever to ship.

Ordered a mount for my e3d v6 hotend (3d printing) back in march....should get here sometime in July

Yay boats

Should have picked air shipping 😂

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

5 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

As far as I know, Banggood is legit. Never heard of complaints about phone purchased from them

The Poco F2 Pro has an entry tier model (6GB) that uses the cheaper/older LPDDR4X (which is not slow by any means). This entry model is significantly cheaper than the 8GB variants. It still has the SD865.

As I said earlier, the the Poco F2 Pro is the international version of the K30 Pro. This means it has the global rom preinstalled. There is no Chinese rom available.

For the warranty, refer to Banggood's return policy

Phones do not qualify for the 180 day exchange/refund.

The 30 day return period starts upon placement of order, and not upon receiving the item. This means if the item takes more than 23 days to reach you after submitting your order, all you will have left is the 7 day DOA guarantee. They count calendar days and not working days. Also for the 30 day return it is only a partial refund if they accept the return. You will also have to foot the cost of shipping it back to the seller.

For an import purchase you will obviously have to also pay for sales tax and any applicable import fees under your jurisdiction.

No I have never bought from Banggood before. I am not in/from the UK or Europe.

i think poco have warranty for 2 years from bangood sale date if i keep proof of purchase however im going to live chat them tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

It's not going to be that cheap when you get it. They don't include VAT. So you're looking at 490 + duty + shipping.

You'd probably be better off just getting it locally, if they sell it at shops there. Your better covered when it comes to warranty that way.

oh ive never actually ordered large stuff from abroad so im not sure how duty works. It comes from france so what does that mean how much do i have to pay?

Its like £540 on amazon which is the only other place i can see it

Just now, dizmo said:

yes, the snapdragon 865 is the newest processor I think and 5g should bump up the price a bit and so would a 64 megapixel sensor also would though I have seen them on cheaper phones

4 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

i think poco have warranty for 2 years from bangood sale date if i keep proof of purchase however im going to live chat them tomorrow.

It doesnt usually work that way, especially on chinese websites. You are not buying directly from poco, but from a reseller. If it breaks, then you will get a partial refund or you will have to send the item back to china, wait and wait and waiit and get another functional device. 

3 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

oh ive never actually ordered large stuff from abroad so im not sure how duty works. It comes from france so what does that mean how much do i have to pay?

Wdym from france? It clearly says Hong Kong. Am i missing something here?

So just to give you some info. Chinese sellers write the price on the package lower than what you bought it for. Thus you will pay less taxes. I dont know what laws the uk has. FIY i pay 22.4% in taxes for everything >24$

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Yes there is the manufacturer warranty for however long

But the warranty is tied to whatever country the product was deployed to. Your proof of purchase will also state point of sale in Hong Kong

And you will have to make a trip to that country to even attempt using the warranty

And then the trip back home

Lol think about it

No i dont think thats right because look

image.thumb.png.f58f7566ab4bf890e950498f5effbe90.png

it lists these as authrised resellers.

also i can get it from france so worst case scenario holiday to france dont seem too bad ;)

Ima live chat these lads tomorrow anyway

1 minute ago, EL02 said:

It doesnt usually work that way, especially on chinese websites. You are not buying directly from poco, but from a reseller. If it breaks, then you will get a partial refund or you will have to send the item back to china, wait and wait and waiit and get another functional device. 

Wdym from france? It clearly says Hong Kong. Am i missing something here?

So just to give you some info. Chinese sellers write the price on the package lower than what you bought it for. Thus you will pay less taxes. I dont know what laws the uk has. FIY i pay 22.4% in taxes for everything >24$

image.thumb.png.bd83f629ae66388df82131a72ac3d517.png

so i will need to pay tax on that? hmmmm

Just now, The Torrent said:

image.thumb.png.bd83f629ae66388df82131a72ac3d517.png

so i will need to pay tax on that? hmmmm

For some reason France doesnt come up on my phone. As i said i dont know the laws of the uk. But you should expect to pay something. Also from whatever website you are going to buy ask the seller first to write a lower price on the package, like $20 and name it as something cheap like a "navigator" or "headphones", so you may avoid paying taxes.

Just now, EL02 said:

For some reason France doesnt come up on my phone. As i said i dont know the laws of the uk. But you should expect to pay something. Also from whatever website you are going to buy ask the seller first to write a lower price on the package, like $20 and name it as something cheap like a "navigator" or "headphones", so you may avoid paying taxes.

im just thinking - france is in the eu and brexit hasn't fully happened yet so maybe i would get away from it anyway?

2 minutes ago, EL02 said:

yep just had a look seems im ok until brexit in december! might get it from france or the other website do |ES| Which im assuming is spain?

Just now, huilun02 said:

1. You are buying online from a Hong Kong company, incorporated in Hong Kong. Legally speaking, you are making a purchase on Hong Kong soil. It does not matter where they stash their phones.

2. If you are thinking of bypassing the seller's return policy, then dont expect them to lift a finger to help you effect your warranty. You then have to go direct to Poco/Xiaomi by yourself. If you turn up at their office in country X with a sales invoice from country Y, they have every right to tell you go to country Y to use your warranty.

Dont say I havent warned you...

1 - now im confused. What do you mean by the first point? The way i see it i buy phone for itll probably cost like £380 with my discounts then shipping etc. and i get a parcel from france which the phone in which is in the EU so i pay no duties or taxes (Until december). I dont understand your point.

2 - I dont understand this point either. Lets say in a year i develop a fault. First i will go to bangood/gearbest and message the seller. If they dont help them i will go to pocco (And i will find out if they will honor warranty by live chatting them tomorrow, as they are closed right now and will probably not buy the phone if they dont honor warranty)

Just now, The Torrent said:

I dont understand this point either. Lets say in a year i develop a fault. First i will go to bangood/gearbest and message the seller. If they dont help them i will go to pocco (And i will find out if they will honor warranty by live chatting them tomorrow, as they are closed right now and will probably not buy the phone if they dont honor warranty)

In a year you buyer protection and warranty(if you get one) will surely be over.

Just now, EL02 said:

In a year you buyer protection and warranty(if you get one) will surely be over.

pocco say they have 2 years ill find out how true that is tomorrow

49 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

Its like £540 on amazon which is the only other place i can see it

Is it from Amazon though, or a third party seller?
If it's direct from Amazon, might be worth it to just get it from them.

You'd have to research if you get charged VAT from France.

49 minutes ago, Nick Neuburg said:

yes, the snapdragon 865 is the newest processor I think and 5g should bump up the price a bit and so would a 64 megapixel sensor also would though I have seen them on cheaper phones

Right, but that doesn't mean this is a fake. 400 pound is quite a bit in the grand scheme of phones if you look at the BOM costs.

47 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Yes there is the manufacturer warranty for however long

But the warranty is tied to whatever country the product was deployed to. Your proof of purchase will also state point of sale in Hong Kong

And you will have to make a trip to that country to even attempt using the warranty

And then the trip back home

Lol think about it

I highly doubt you'd have to go there personally. Ship it to a repair center? Absolutely. Go there? This isn't the 40's.

38 minutes ago, EL02 said:

Which is illegal, and if caught I'm pretty sure you could lose the device.

32 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

1. You are buying online from a Hong Kong company, incorporated in Hong Kong. Legally speaking, you are making a purchase on Hong Kong soil. It does not matter where they stash their phones.

2. If you are thinking of bypassing the seller's return policy, then dont expect them to lift a finger to help you effect your warranty. You then have to go direct to Poco/Xiaomi by yourself. If you turn up at their office in country X with a sales invoice from country Y, they have every right to tell you go to country Y to use your warranty.

Dont say I havent warned you...

That's not true. Otherwise OnePlus would never have bothered setting up warehouses in other countries.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, dizmo said:

Which is illegal, and if caught I'm pretty sure you could lose the device.

Yes it is, but you dont risk losing the device. If you get caught they will decide how much you're gonna pay(equivalent to what you should have paid). I've done it a lot of times. Works like a charm.

6 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Is it from Amazon though, or a third party seller?
If it's direct from Amazon, might be worth it to just get it from them.

Its from xiaomi on amazon.

Problem is for that price im just gonna buy a 7t pro and there flies off my budget when yesterday i was looking at sub £250 phones

27 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

Its from xiaomi on amazon.

Problem is for that price im just gonna buy a 7t pro and there flies off my budget when yesterday i was looking at sub £250 phones

Just freaking focus on what you want. The Snapdragon 865 is just unnecessary. Let me make things easier:

1. Samsung Axx series
  2. Redmi Note x
  3. LG V or G series

What Samsung is offering you is amoled screen and a bigger battery, but at the expense of exynos chipsets.

What Xiaomi is offering you is faster chipset, better design and (sometimes)faster charging.

You list what is available to you inside of the UK and for how much it goes for.

There's literally no need to go higher than that.

Edit: My final suggestions are: Redmi K20/Mi 9T or Redmi Note 8 Pro. Samsung is sacrificing to much for an oled screen.

Redmi note 9 series (check features.. 9s for example doesn't have NFC). 2020 Version, so long Updates left, and they come with a 5000+ mAh Battery, combined with a very efficient, but de cent Midrange Chip.

Battery Life will probably be sick.

Seen a German Review on the 9s, he had like 7-8 hours Screen on time, with setting it up, photos/videos for the review etc. And he still had 45-50% Battery Left.

Realme X2 could also be worth looking at, because of Amoled + In-Display-Fingerprint. Decent Camera, Chipset, and Storage configuration.

3 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

Redmi note 9 series (check features.. 9s for example doesn't have NFC). 2020 Version, so long Updates left, and they come with a 5000+ mAh Battery, combined with a very efficient, but de cent Midrange Chip.

Battery Life will probably be sick.

Seen a German Review on the 9s, he had like 7-8 hours Screen on time, with setting it up, photos/videos for the review etc. And he still had 45-50% Battery Left.

Realme X2 could also be worth looking at, because of Amoled + In-Display-Fingerprint. Decent Camera, Chipset, and Storage configuration.

Is 9s better than 9t?

1 minute ago, The Torrent said:

Is 9s better than 9t?

The 9T is better. Heck, the 9s is beaten by the redmi note 8 pro in both speed and camera.

These are 2 different things.
Mi 9T is a "Mi" Phone.
The 9s is a "NOTE", that's 1 "class" below. Names can be confusing.... :/

If you can get a 9T, that will probably be better than the "Redmi Note 9~" series.
However: Still last year's Gen.

Redmi Note 9 PRO is still slightly weaker than the MI 9T. It comes with "only" a Snapdragon 720G (9T has 730G), but it comes with a 25% bigger battery, and only IPS Screen instead of Amoled.
Also, Punch Hole on Note 9 Pro vs. Pop-Up Camera on 9T.

In short:

Note 9 Pro (or Note 9 series): Battery Life, maybe Updates in the Future

Mi 9T: Display, Performance.