Hive Fire (watercooled custom 800D)

Rakior

are the fans quiet? I've been looking for black and orange fans.

Yes they are quite ( I can't measure it but they feel slightly more quiet then the corsair ones).

I run mine at or just above 700rpm (they can run at 700-1500 rpm)

If you try to go lower they stop.

The corsair ones you can go a fair bit lower than that before they stop.

All in all the computer makes less noice then my NAS, much less.

Other pros/cons

The diodes is white while the blades are orange so they look orange on or off, but the light spread to other parts of the case is white.

The corsair ones have frosted white blades but red diode so they dull turned off but spread a warm red light when turned on.

They Much cheaper though you get 3 for the prize of one corsair.

None of the fans are pressure optimised, but I went for more radiator area and lower rpm to keep noise to a minimum compared to fewer high pressure fans at high rpm.

None of the fans are pvm but Asus motherboards and fan expert 2 handles 3 pin fans/fan speeds perfect.

/Hugs hope my anser helped

Hive Fire - Build of the Month March 2014.

Simple 760t Mod - erly ideas for Corsair 760t Mod

Yes they are quite ( I can't measure it but they feel slightly more quiet then the corsair ones).

I run mine at or just above 700rpm (they can run at 700-1500 rpm)

If you try to go lower they stop.

The corsair ones you can go a fair bit lower than that before they stop.

All in all the computer makes less noice then my NAS, much less.

Other pros/cons

The diodes is white while the blades are orange so they look orange on or off, but the light spread to other parts of the case is white.

The corsair ones have frosted white blades but red diode so they dull turned off but spread a warm red light when turned on.

They Much cheaper though you get 3 for the prize of one corsair.

None of the fans are pressure optimised, but I went for more radiator area and lower rpm to keep noise to a minimum compared to fewer high pressure fans at high rpm.

None of the fans are pvm but Asus motherboards and fan expert 2 handles 3 pin fans/fan speeds perfect.

/Hugs hope my anser helped

Yeah thanks

Nice build. A lot of good work has been put in. Not sure about that blue on the bottom, but the graphics are cool. Nice job man

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Nice build. A lot of good work has been put in. Not sure about that blue on the bottom, but the graphics are cool. Nice job man

The blue is not there the smoke is gray in RL. Sadly my camera skills lack a lot, I just borrowed a camera for a few hours. I could have edited it in Photoshop to represent what it looks in real life, but I wanted the images unedited so no one thinks I changed anything else

Edit I can post images where I removed the blue tones + the strange purple light coming out of orange fans with white LET'S.

If anyone would like to see this build on the WAN show (or other builds, there some really good builds up for voting).

Personally it was build log of the week that even made me think of doing a custom build. So it would be amazing if any of you like it enough to vote for it there :)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/141150-build-log-voting-thread-march-2014/

EDIT: voting ended today 25/4.

/Many hugs Rakior.

#holyshitballz

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro 

it seems such as waste to water cool a main stream socket i would have gone with 2011 cool build anyway 

How Do I Dislike this

Future Build : Intel-Core i7 4790K : Corsair H100i : Asus Maximus VII Hero : Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (DDR3-1866) : Samsung 840 EVO 120GB : Seagate Baracuda 1TB : Asus GeForce GTX 770 : NZXT H440 (Red/Black) : EVGA SuperNova G2 850W :

Acer H236HLBMID Corsair M45 Mouse : Ducky Shine 3 (Red LED/Cherry MX Brown) : Audio Technica M50RD : Some Nice Cheap Mouse Mat 

Peripherals :

- opening post -

it's so beautiful i wanna cry xD

1150 is a socket most consumers use, and water coolings for a extreme builds soooooo with the mind set of it being a extreme build id have gone with a 2011 cpu

yeah 1150 is a boss cpu socket Edited by alpenwasser
edited long quote, merged multipost

it's so beautiful i wanna cry xD

yeah 1150 is a boss cpu socket

It's a beauty for shure. :)

Two requests:

1. Please don't quote entire posts of such length with lots of text

and/or images. If you're answering to a specific part of the post

with your post, edit the quote down to the relevant section, if

you wish to reference a specific image because you want to make a

remark specific to that image or wish to ask a question about it,

please remove the others that aren't relevant. If many people started

quoting entire build log posts, the pages in this section would get

way too long in comparison to how much actual content there is on the

page.

2. Please don't multipost.

Thanks! :)

I have edited your posts accordingly.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

you won the silicon lottery

yeah on both cpu and gpu... (gpu im  less sure of where it stands)

I might have to take my dominators out and paint them now... Good build OP. 

BIG thanks to all voting for this build on build of the month March thread.

Currently I'm working hard on a 3D model of my next project, a custom desk build.

/ Many hugs Rakior.

This has to be one of the best looking PC builds I have ever seen ever! Must have been hard work achieving that level of attention to detail, and that hard work has most definitely paid off!

Also grats on the build log of the month, you definitely deserve it!

I will look forward to your next build (Custom desk builds are always awesome!)

1ooth post, wooo!

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

• 2 weeks later...

Grats on build of the month :)

• 4 months later...