Hive Fire (watercooled custom 800D)

Rakior

Final Touch

Today was the time to hook up all stuff to the computer for the first time and move it to its final place. I fast realised the light was not enough to see what goes where easy so i made my final mod to this build

28kj8np.jpg

idea stolen from a NZXT case. More handy then you think when clumsy me tries to find the correct spot for my cables.

Hive Fire - Build of the Month March 2014.

Simple 760t Mod - erly ideas for Corsair 760t Mod

I now consider me finished with this build (above). And feel confident to start drawing on my dream project, a computer desk.I seen a few and thaught thats what i want.

I dont know when this will be built but i just started making a mockup in a 3D program. The idea is to make a"thin" table not the bulky tables you can buy but a very slim and descrete thing with basicly no colours (a relief to some compared to Hive Fire).

Here is my first mockup made in photoshop.

25z2jpj.jpg

When i got more material ill start a build log or Build planning post.

/Many Hugs Rakior

Wow that RAM lighting trick is really quite handy.  I'm using a similar idea (changing the white/blue light to golden yellow) but wasn't sure what would be the simplest route to take, didn't really feel like making some new light bars from scratch.  Why I never thought simply to use a permanent marker I'll never know,  Thank you for that, saved me potentially a lot of time and a couple headaches down the line.

Really liking the desk concept work, it's got a lot of my favourite shapes and themes going on there, definitely will be one to watch!

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

• 2 weeks later...

Damn... This build is beyond beautiful, great work dude!

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

It's nice to see people using this color combination. Very nice.

WOW. really nice build, super clean and good looking too. :)

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

How did you do paint the motherboard, and add the brushed alu look? :D

You get a like for being the first person in the thread to not be arguing over watercooling on the 1150 platform. :)

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

I would like to say: Thank you all so so so much :)

The encouragement and support been amazing and overwhelming:) I have gone from "I hope someone look at it and maby likes it" to daring to enter it as a contender for build of the week/month.

I started by posting some smartphone pics, realising that you wanted a some better photos and descriptions of how I did the mods. I borrowed a camera from a friend and did my best without a clue how it worked (the night photo is me holding the camera with one hand covering the flash with the other). My friend politely told me you know there is a setting for that on the camera.

After posting here I also posted the finished pictures (no build log) on a Swedish forum (I'm from Sweden). I went to bed thinking I was done. Mid day next day the friends I game with contacted me and said gratz (I had no clue why). Apparently Asus ROG Nordic had linked to my build on their Facebook page. Shortly followed by Asus ROG world and Maximum PC.

Me very ill prepared had to create my first Facebook page to anser all the questions. So I apologise if my answers not been the best (I have tried to answer all I can).

I have learned one thing and that's that there so many lovely and helpful/supportive people with same interest as me, Thank you.

I only have one regret and that's that I did not involve this community from the day I started to plan this build, but I did not think the interest be so high for a build made with a jigsaw, hot airgun, dremmel and some basic files and wire cutters. (I won't make the same mistake again, my first sketch of my dream desk build is a few posts back and I'll make sure to start a thread as soon as first 3D draft done).

/Many Hugs Rakior (sorry for the wall of text)

well its un common how many people do you honestly see with custom loops?   

a lot on this forum, and if there aren't enough here then there about 7000 pages of them on OCN

Been a while since i've seen the 800D. Nice seeing you bud :D

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

My god thats amazing

336437537.gif

CPU: i7 3770k @4.5Ghz 1.26v Cooler: H100i 2 Sp120 Quiets MoBo: MSI Z77 MPOWER Big Bang RAM: 16GB G.Skill Sniper 2133Mhz CL9 Graphics Card: Asus Direct CU II R9 290 Storage: Vertex 4 128GB, WD Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Green

how did you remove the 5.25 inch bays? 

you drill out the pop rivets (dont remember what drill, maby 2.5mm)

15d83ep.jpg

that is awesome.

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount

it seems such as waste to water cool a main stream socket i would have gone with 2011 cool build anyway

._. Of course you should watercool a 1150 socket, there's no difference from a 4930K vs a 4770k in gaming if you use hyper threading, also you can overclock and have a quiet and cool system.

Emmh... Maybe consider killing yourself before you talk to me?

Pople on this forum though some of them had a brain, turns out, no.

you drill out the pop rivets (dont remember what drill, maby 2.5mm)

15d83ep.jpg

thanks for answering. Was thinking of doing this on my 750D :D

Was thinking of doing this on my 750D :D

hope to see pictures )

Best 800D mod I have seen, bravo!

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

What tools did you use to cut the side panel to get a clean cut, did you have to touch it up as well or paint? Awesome build.

when i baught the case in late 2013, (december maby), i baught a extra "back" side panel... i used this to make a new window panel. I used a cheep jig saw (i dont own any supertools like cnc machines. I just took it very slow and then used files to make it perfect.

the paint on sidepanel is on top black like rest of case and gradient to gunmetal color. (backpanel not painted its original black).

i also cut out the rad cover (the red part) and used the honeycomb mesh from top of case (3x 120mm big).

You can do alot with simple tools just plan ahead (maby do practice cuts in something not inportant), i did my practice cut in the old window panel to see if i would be happy with end result. It ended up much better then i expected so i was happy/confident to cut the final panel.

Inportant to secure the panel properly into a workbench/table as you cut, so nothing bad happens.

Started a planning thread on a mod of a corsair 760t case here:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/138723-corsair-760t-mod-planning/

so far just on the drawing stage but love some ideas on what you would like to see built in it or changes to it.