Ram timings and refresh rate (phenom 2)

I'm trying to stave off a major update and I've made some point budget upgrades.

I'm wondering how much difference ram speed and timings really make:

AMD Phenom II 1100T Black

MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard

Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B Vengeance Desktop Memory Kit - 8GB (2x 4GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz

Gigabyte nvidia 1650 super

Thermaltake TRX-650M TR2 RX 650-Watt Modular

I *meant* to buy a 2133mhz set of 4x4gb ram, somehow screwed up and bought 4x4gb of 1600mhz. While the extra 8gb might be nice I'm wondering if I should go after the 2133.

Will I see a benefit of 2133?

Will the 12-12-12 timings most Ram at 2133 seems to have actually be a problem?

I'm seeing that while the board supports 2133 it's effectively OC and I might not be able to use all 4 slots. Since this was a popular board for it's era I'm hoping a few people have hands on experience.

I did pop the 4 sticks in just to bench with cinebench 20 and got no difference. I might be splitting hairs at this point since 8 should be enough for most games to run comfortably at 1080/60. Most of the load is the graphics card.

Just use the RAM you have. DDR3 isn't as vital to older CPUs as DDR4 to modern intel and AMD ones. You'll be fine with 1600 CAS 9

@5x5 how do you mean "not as vital" out of curiosity? 

1 minute ago, Okenchi said:

@5x5 how do you mean "not as vital" out of curiosity? 

DDR 3 speed didn't really affect performance that much. Maybe 1-2% at most. DDR4 speeds are what really started to matter where the delta can be as wide as 10%

Thanks, in that case I may keep my mistaken ram and just focus on saving for a laptop or monitor. I'm not going to dump more money on my desktop until I can go for the mobo+chip+etc swap. 

Wonder if the power supply will hold up or if I'm going to need to swap that too.

2133mhz would be sought after timings of 9-10-9-27-36 @ 1.65v would give plenty of performance increase. 

DDR3 responded well to bandwidth increase. 

At 1600mhz would want cas at at the loosest.

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

2133mhz would be sought after timings of 9-10-9-27-36 @ 1.65v would give plenty of performance increase. 

DDR3 responded well to bandwidth increase. 

At 1600mhz would want cas at 8 the loosest.