AMD CPU + Nvidia GPU

Bruh1

So I was playing some games online and i was having some performance issues so I asked for tips in the global chat and some dude helped me out and tried to fix the issue with me , then i mentioned to him I have a Ryzen 5 3600 and a gtx 1650 super , and then he's like "Ryzen and nvidia?? hahaha" I was confused cause he was like it's a bad combo , i was like no the pc is great but he kept saying ull see later how bad it becomes.

I did some research and 3 years ago there was some issues with nvidia allegedly trying to make AMD look bad by doing some issues with driver incompatibility , is this any true nowadays or something?

Also i know 1650s + 3600 is a bad combo , I bought a good cpu good mobo good psu and bought a budget GPU for now cause I wanted next gen gpus but I couldn't wait , I built this rig 2 months ago

This is false. Any issues could be from bottlenecking or bad drivers, 

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

1 minute ago, Bruh1 said:

So I was playing some games online and i was having some performance issues so I asked for tips in the global chat and some dude helped me out and tried to fix the issue with me , then i mentioned to him I have a Ryzen 5 3600 and a gtx 1650 super , and then he's like "Ryzen and nvidia?? hahaha" I was confused cause he was like it's a bad combo , i was like no the pc is great but he kept saying ull see later how bad it becomes.

I did some research and 3 years ago there was some issues with nvidia allegedly trying to make AMD look bad by doing some issues with driver incompatibility , is this any true nowadays or something?

Also i know 1650s + 3600 is a bad combo , I bought a good cpu good mobo good psu and bought a budget GPU for now cause I wanted next gen gpus but I couldn't wait , I built this rig 2 months ago

My Ryzen + Nvidia combo is working just fine.

Of course my CPU being a bit older (Ryzen 1000 series) doesn't help with single-core performance, but most games play just fine.

Saying "Nvidia works better with Intel!" as a blanket statement is untrue, as you would have to consider what specific CPU/GPU combo it is.

Ryzen 5 3600 + GTX 1650S would work just fine, just like R3 3300X + 1660S would work too.. etc. etc.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

On 6/4/2020 at 8:11 PM, MRV said:

Bruh1 

A tip: If you were looking out for budget graphic card, you could have better brought the Cryptocurrency mining cards from Taobao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY4s35uULg4

Yea I was considering it but I bought this rig when Corona stuff was at its peak and everything was closed China was closed and stuff. so I thought used/mining cards are probably impossible to get. and a 1650s is honestly decent and really good value , for 170$ I got a 1080p 60fps ultra settings card. that's a good deal for me now until next gen and I have high hopes for RDNA 2 from AMD , looks to be really promising from the latest leaks and statements from AMD.

Back in the day you were laughed at if you didn’t follow the rules:

Intel with ATI

AMD with Nvidia

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz