What are differences? What phone should i choose?

✪ LudiACE

Hello guys, I am opting to buy a used phone on the market somewhere beetwen 130-170 euros(yeah i have the s10e(exynos) now, but i need money for something else so i need to change to cheaper phone).

I was looking the market and i saw galaxy a50 for 150 euros 128 gb(still has varranty for like 1 and a half year) and 4gb ram and iphone 7 32gb in not really good condition(85% battery health plus dents and scratches) for 170 euros.

i need a phone that has a good battery life a good speaker, a good display, i am coming from s10e so i know cameras are gonna look horrible anyway. In my case what would you choose? Maybe there is some other phone that is better then both? Have in mind battery on my s10e dies around 5-6 p.m.

7 minutes ago, ✪ LudiACE said:

Hello guys, I am opting to buy a used phone on the market somewhere beetwen 130-170 euros(yeah i have the s10e(exynos) now, but i need money for something else so i need to change to cheaper phone).

I was looking the market and i saw galaxy a50 for 150 euros 128 gb(still has varranty for like 1 and a half year) and 4gb ram and iphone 7 32gb in not really good condition(85% battery health plus dents and scratches) for 170 euros.

i need a phone that has a good battery life a good speaker, a good display, i am coming from s10e so i know cameras are gonna look horrible anyway. In my case what would you choose? Maybe there is some other phone that is better then both? Have in mind battery on my s10e dies around 5-6 p.m.

moto G7 power has great battery life apparently and is good all round. ive heard good things about the oppo a5 2020 as-well

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

Just now, Ed-petit said:

moto G7 power has great battery life apparently and is good all round.

whats the price of that phone on the used market? Please when you propose some other phone tell the price also

5 minutes ago, ✪ LudiACE said:

i need a phone that has a good battery life a good speaker, a good display,

I have the A50. The speaker on the Galaxy A50 is pretty shitty and it only has one speaker on one side of the bottom edge of the phone, really easy to block the speaker with your finger/thumb while trying to watch something. It has a headphone jack though so I would recommend headphones with it. The screen is pretty good and the battery life is decent.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I should mention that i really look at the design overall with other

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

I have the A50. The speaker on the Galaxy A50 is pretty shitty and it only has one speaker on one side of the bottom edge of the phone, really easy to block the speaker with your finger/thumb while trying to watch something. It has a headphone jack though so I would recommend headphones with it. The screen is pretty good and the battery life is decent.

whats the screen on time

The whole idea of downgrading is flawed... You are not gonna sell your current phone at anything close to what you paid 4 it...  Find another way to make money.

6 minutes ago, Spotty said:

i had the a70 before it died on me. i know they are pretty similar and i agree the speakers are pretty bad.

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

For 170 you can have a xiaomi redmi note 8 which is a great phone. I also don't know how much you are thinking to get for a s10e. As they are sold new for around 400 quite often.

2 minutes ago, RageTester said:

The whole idea of downgrading is flawed... You are not gonna sell your current phone at anything close to what you paid 4 it...  Find another way to make money.

i buyed it for 400 euros and now i have buyer for 370, mine is basicaly new and it has warranty still until 2021

4 minutes ago, ✪ LudiACE said:

whats the screen on time

Uhhh, no idea. I really hate the battery usage chart since the latest update (Android 10/OneUI 2.0). The most active day this week was 5.5 hours screen on time and that dropped from roughly 90% to about 40% in the 24 hour period. Activity was mostly chrome browsing though.
I get 2 days off one charge but I'm not a heavy user. If you're a heavy user watching youtube videos or playing music a lot then I expect you should get a full day out of a charge (though if you're buying 2nd hand who knows what condition the battery is in. Mine is only 6 months old so still fairly fresh)

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Nobody didnt answer the first question btw about iphone 7 vs a50

17 minutes ago, ✪ LudiACE said:

In my case what would you choose?

Just now, Spotty said:

Uhhh, no idea. I really hate the battery usage chart since the latest update (Android 10/OneUI 2.0). The most active day this week was 5.5 hours screen on time and that dropped from roughly 90% to about 40% in the 24 hour period. Activity was mostly chrome browsing though.
I get 2 days off one charge but I'm not a heavy user. If you're a heavy user watching youtube videos or playing music a lot then I expect you should get a full day out of a charge (though if you're buying 2nd hand who knows what condition the battery is in. Mine is only 6 months old so still fairly fresh)

thats what i was looking for a50, i am a heavy user, the phone i found is only 4 months old

17 minutes ago, ✪ LudiACE said:

How about you sell the s10e and buy Iphone SE on contract. Get the cheapest model, and you'll pay pennies for what's essentially an Iphone 11 inside. The only problem is - battery life really isn't its strong-suit. Pretty much half of what the big boys are getting. 

Other than that.. last year's A series is good, pretty sure you can find something cheap second hand

5 minutes ago, ✪ LudiACE said:

Nobody didnt answer the first question btw about iphone 7 vs a50

i would go for a a50 but if you like ios then go for the iphone 7 if its in good condition

Just now, Light-Yagami said:

How about you sell the s10e and buy Iphone SE on contract. Get the cheapest model, and you'll pay pennies for what's essentially an Iphone 11 inside. The only problem is - battery life really isn't its strong-suit. Pretty much half of what the big boys are getting. 

Other than that.. last year's A series is good, pretty sure you can find something cheap second hand

The biiggest problem is i dont have active job, i still work but thats like nothing to an active one.

1 minute ago, Ed-petit said:

i would go for a a50 but if you like ios then go for the iphone 7 if its in good condition

samsungs one ui or ios doesnt matter to me, both are good

4 minutes ago, ✪ LudiACE said:

samsungs one ui or ios doesnt matter to me, both are good

for me a50 then bigger screen space and battery life. 

1 minute ago, Ed-petit said:

for me a50 then bigger screen space and battery life. 

ok thanks, lets hear from more people now.

17 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

That looks more like an ebay/craiglist for your country than a shop's website...

Regardless, I suggest a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T which has many brand new listings for €170, or a Xiaomi Mi A3 if you want to spend a bit less or insist on having an OLED screen.

The Mi A3 would have been a flawless budget phone if not for its screen being 720p.

I you want good battery life you'd best stay away from used devices, let alone something that came out over 3 years ago with a sub 2000mAh battery.

I've used both of the devices and this is what I can say:

Redmi Note 8T:

1. Comes with MIUI
  2. Has NFC(not a deal breaker for me)
  3. The screen is sharper, but colors are a bit colder(can be adjusted).
  4. The fingerprint sensor is way faster.

Mi A3:

1. Stock android(way better imo)
  2. Faster storage, but apps open just a split second faster, really unnoticable(ufs 2.1)
  3. Better cameras overall(the front one is way better)
  4. Faster security patches
  5. The screen is up to the user, although i prefer it more than the 8T's(colors tend to be warmer, but you can change to sRGB in the developers setting)

Personally I would go with the A3, but both Xiaomi devices perform way better in every aspect except for the screen.

Note: I couldn't find a Redmi Note 8 Pro in the website that you listed, but it should cost around $210. It would be a better choice, but is a little out of your budget.