Looking for a very small and compact ATX case.

Meiyer
Go to solution Solved by TVwazhere,
17 hours ago, Meiyer said:

Could you recommend the smallest ever ATX case that all these components would fit into? (My biggest concerns are: video card length, power supply cable management)

General smallest ATX cases

Meshify C

220T

CR1088

Silverstone GD series (GD08, GD09)

Currently I have this case:

Corsair Carbide Series 400R

It's a huge computer case and I'd like something more compact (while still maintaining great airflow).

My components:

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 7 (Standard ATX)

CPU: i5-4460

CPU COOLER: Stock (the one that came with the CPU)

GRAPHICS CARD: Asus GTX-750 TI 2GB OC

RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3

PSU: Corsair CX430W Non-Modular

FANS: Stock (the ones that came with the computer case, 2 intake fans on the front and 1 exhaust on the back)

SSD #1: Standard issue 2'5 Internal (SATA3) Sold State Drive

SSD #2: Standard issue 2'5 Internal (SATA3) Solid State Drive

SSD #3: PCI-E (it's smaller in every dimension compared to my video card so it shouldn't be an issue...I think)

HDD: Standard issue 3'5 Internal (SATA3) Hard Drive 

DVD DRIVE: Just a regular DVD Reader/Writer with a SATA3 connector (I can get rid of this if necessary) 

Could you recommend the smallest ever ATX case that all these components would fit into? (My biggest concerns are: video card length, power supply cable management)

Thank you very much in advance and have a great day!

The thing about atx is it’s pretty standardized.  Things have gotten less deep because the 5” or so needed for hard drives has largely gone away, but PSUs are still a standard width, and video cards are still a standard height.  The common widths for desktop cases seem to be ~140mm, ~165mm, which is more or less does it have a 120mm or 140mm fan in back.  The height is generally the motherboard + the PSU. PSUs are standardized, and you’ve got a full atx motherboard, so while there will be some variation, but a mid height atx tower is going to be more or less a mid height atx tower.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

17 hours ago, Meiyer said:

General smallest ATX cases

Meshify C

220T

CR1088

Silverstone GD series (GD08, GD09)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

14 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Meshify C

Oh the mechify c 

I can look at it 24/7 with out a problem

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: