Recommendations for some cheap headphones?

BlipXP

Hi, so recently I thought of upgrading my old headphones for some newer and better ones, albeit in a tight buget (because I'm no Linus, of course).

My headphones right now are a pair of Sony MDR-ZX110, that I got very cheap around two years ago. They're fine for the 20 bucks I paid for them, but I think they're needing an upgrade.

I would like to buy a new cheap pair of headphones to upgrade the old ones. I don't want to spend over fifty dollars (euros, to be precise, but it's usually 1:1) on the new pair, and if they're bluetooth, that price tag would have to include the dongle (so 40 bucks for bluetooth, 50 for wired ones).

I've been looking the Sony WH-CH510, that are around 40 euros on Amazon atm, but I don't know if maybe there are some wired options with better sound quality for around that pricetag.

To be clear, I totally don't mind the cable, that's not an important thing for me. I would use them in my PC and in an old phone that I've recycled as an MP3 device.

I would be very thankful to hear from you guys, because I'm new to this audio thing and could use some help.

Thaks for the fast reply 🙂

I'm looking at them right now, and they seem to be fine, but they appear a little big and heavy (only judging by the looks, though)

Are there some less heavy models, maybe of the same brand, or any other? I forgot to mention, but I also usually get headaches when wearing heavy headphones for a long time. My music sessions last basically all of my work sessions and then some of my free time, so more than six hours a day.

52 minutes ago, BlipXP said:

Thaks for the fast reply 🙂

I'm looking at them right now, and they seem to be fine, but they appear a little big and heavy (only judging by the looks, though)

Are there some less heavy models, maybe of the same brand, or any other? I forgot to mention, but I also usually get headaches when wearing heavy headphones for a long time. My music sessions last basically all of my work sessions and then some of my free time, so more than six hours a day.

HF2010 are exactly 337g by the way. I would not call em heavy per se.

At least the don't need to be replaced once a year because 681EVO did in my experience  (those just broke in one way or another). Though the do weight 276 grams.

I edit my posts more often than not

9 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

HF2010 are exactly 337g by the way. I would not call em heavy per se.

At least the don't need to be replaced once a year because 681EVO did in my experience  (those just broke in one way or another). Though the do weigh 276 grams.

No, I'm definitely not replacing them every year. If those HF2010 are more durable, those are the one I'll buy over the others. Thank you for your help, man 😁

If you're looking for closed back Samson SR950/Superlux HD669 are some decent pairs. Though I've heard somewhere that Audio Technica M20X had similar sound to the M40X but with a less flat signature and has more bass, so you maybe want to look into those.

I'll second a pair of Audio Technicas. I had a pair of M30s that lasted me almost 8 years.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

16 hours ago, BlipXP said:

Hi, so recently I thought of upgrading my old headphones for some newer and better ones, albeit in a tight buget (because I'm no Linus, of course).

My headphones right now are a pair of Sony MDR-ZX110, that I got very cheap around two years ago. They're fine for the 20 bucks I paid for them, but I think they're needing an upgrade.

I would like to buy a new cheap pair of headphones to upgrade the old ones. I don't want to spend over fifty dollars (euros, to be precise, but it's usually 1:1) on the new pair, and if they're bluetooth, that price tag would have to include the dongle (so 40 bucks for bluetooth, 50 for wired ones).

I've been looking the Sony WH-CH510, that are around 40 euros on Amazon atm, but I don't know if maybe there are some wired options with better sound quality for around that pricetag.

To be clear, I totally don't mind the cable, that's not an important thing for me. I would use them in my PC and in an old phone that I've recycled as an MP3 device.

I would be very thankful to hear from you guys, because I'm new to this audio thing and could use some help.

The sonys are on ear do you prefer over ear or on ear? 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

My personal favorite cheapies are these bad boys kph30i , Porta pros , and not in the picture ksc 75s build quality on them is absolutely trash but make up for it in sound quality.

IMG_20200513_160922.jpg