Sennheiser HD 449 vs HD 518

DummyHeadGamer

This is a quick topic I decided to make to decide which headphones to buy. I recently went on Amazon and saw the $90 price of the Sennheiser HD 449 & 518 headphones. I am having a hard time chosing between the two, because the HD 449 are closed-ear headphones while the 518 are open-ear headphones. Any suggestions and comments will be appreciated :D

AMD FX-6300 @ Stock, MSI 970a-G46 Motherboard, Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600Mhz, HIS Radeon Hd 7870 Ghz Edition @ 1100/1350, WD Caviar Blue 1tb, Corsair CX600, NZXT Source 220, and a Benq 21.5 Inch Monitor.

EDIT: Wait, ignore the first line. I might be an idiot.

EDIT II: Kinda an idiot. I was getting open and closed mixed up with something else. Regardless, I'm still right about the second two points.

I personally prefer closed ear ones. They tend to be more comfortable for extended periods, are more quiet to the people around you, and also block sound better.

I actually have a pair of 449s and I love them. Super comfortable and great sound quality. Kinda bulky to carry around though.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

Open isn't good for public listening, but can sound better. Closed is better for public listening and noise isolation but might not sound as good.

I personally own a pair of 518s and I really like them. The highs and mids are still there and the bass packs a punch.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

EDIT: Wait, ignore the first line. I might be an idiot.

I personally prefer closed ear ones. They tend to be more comfortable for extended periods, are more quiet to the people around you, and also block sound better.

I actually have a pair of 449s and I love them. Super comfortable and great sound quality. Kinda bulky to carry around though.

For $70, would you suggest the 449s? I was also looking at the 439s, because to me the 439s look better, but I didn't know if the audio of the headphones were as good as the 449s. :/

AMD FX-6300 @ Stock, MSI 970a-G46 Motherboard, Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600Mhz, HIS Radeon Hd 7870 Ghz Edition @ 1100/1350, WD Caviar Blue 1tb, Corsair CX600, NZXT Source 220, and a Benq 21.5 Inch Monitor.

For $70, would you suggest the 449s? I was also looking at the 439s, because to me the 439s look better, but I didn't know if the audio of the headphones were as good as the 449s. :/

I can't say how the 439s compare to the 449s, I've never used the 439s but I got my 449s for something like $130 and I love them.

I personally value sound quality and comfort over looks, but keep in mind the 449s aren't exactly easy to transport due to them not folding.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

439 is better because removable cable. Also, I be sellin' one.