Case Recommendations Needed

Go to solution Solved by Haro,
2 minutes ago, Tehdood said:

My initial thoughts are to mount my AIO on top and have the fans pushing over the rad and out of the case. I would then leave two 140mm fronts as intakes and the rear 140mm as exhaust or go to three 140mm front and 140mm rear exhaust?

imo i would put the aio on top and then like what you said three 140 intake and 1 rear exhaust 

My current build

CPU: i7-8700k (Thermaltake Floe Riing 360mm Premium)

GPU: GTX 1080

RAM: TridentZ DDR4 2666

MOBO: ROG STRIX Z390-H

PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1200W

STORAGE: 500GB SSD (OS/Misc) 1TB Samsung Evo 860 (Games)

CASE: Thermaltake View 71 (42lbs, 23.3H x 10.8W x 22.7D)

The View 71 has to go. It's too large and far too heavy to keep on my sit/stand desk that I just purchased. I have been looking at some different "mid size" cases but haven't pulled the trigger yet and I figured it would be best to ask other people what they think. Ideally, I want to transplant my current hardware into a new, smaller case. I have looked at the Fractal Meshify S2 and it seems to fit the bill, but as I said I wanted to see if anyone else had any recommendations for me? I would be willing to replace the AIO with something smaller but I'm also planning to upgrade to the new Nvidia 3k series cards when they release so I would like to retain some room to upgrade if those cards are longer.

Depends on your budget 

A good case I like to recommend is the p400a 

It is atx , it's not too big and it has exceptional air flow 

The mechify s2 is also really good  and also has really good airflow but I'm biased towards it  lol 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

4 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

Depends on your budget 

A good case I like to recommend is the p400a 

It is atx , it's not too big and it has exceptional air flow 

The mechify s2 is also really good  and also has really good airflow but I'm biased towards it  lol 

Budget is pretty open. Anything up to around $250 would be fine.

Just now, Tehdood said:

Then I guess my answer is really still the same 

The p400a or the s2 

Obviously I'm biased towards the s2 but both of these are really good cases and it comes down to looks imo 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

33 minutes ago, Tehdood said:

The S2 is nice but I also like the P400 series. Especially the mesh front versions. I can fit very large gpus in it with no issues. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

9 hours ago, Tehdood said:

want to transplant my current hardware into a new, smaller case. I have looked at the Fractal Meshify S2 and it seems to fit the bill, but as I said I wanted to see if anyone else had any recommendations for me? ... I would like to retain some room to upgrade if those cards are longer.

The above listed options are good, so I'll excluide them from the lsit

CoolerMaster Mastercase H500 (the base model is the smallest, the h500P mesh and H500M are slightly larger)

CoolerMaster Masterbox NR600, MB511 (cheaper options, not as good build quality, some versions dont come with fans)

Phanteks P600S (shorter than the Meshify S2, but I believe is heavier) I have a comparison list

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M (alternative to the P400a, build quality is better)

Corsair 275r Airflow

Cases excluded due to having "short" GPU max length with a 360mm AIO at the front

Meshify C

Corsair 220T

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

After looking at the recommended cases, I am going to purchase the Meshify S2. At half the weight and considerably smaller with the features I want and room to expand I think it's a good middle ground.

Also, I was wondering about fan configuration with my AIO in this new case?

My initial thoughts are to mount my AIO on top and have the fans pushing over the rad and out of the case. I would then leave two 140mm fronts as intakes and the rear 140mm as exhaust or go to three 140mm front and 140mm rear exhaust?

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Tehdood said:

imo i would put the aio on top and then like what you said three 140 intake and 1 rear exhaust 

Build Log: