Ryzen 7 1700 OverClock

Go to solution Solved by svmlegacy,
44 minutes ago, JESUS IS LORD said:

1. What settings do I need to alter to get higher clock speeds?

> Drop your memory speed to 2400 MT/s so that you're sure it isn't causing the instabilities.

> Disable all forms of power management. (C-states, CnQ, CPB, PBO, etc)

> Disable all features that aren't strictly necessary.

> Exotic Cooling (Sub-ambient) allows for safer use of higher voltages

> Higher VCore.

> Install Zen+ or Zen 2 chip.

2. What settings do I need to alter to get a more stable overclock?

This is the same question as 1, except you have another option: Lower your clock speeds by the smallest increments until stability is reached.

39 minutes ago, Ami. said:

3. How do I fix the FPU issue in Aida64? 

FPU is part of your CPU. It isn't stable. See my response to Q2.

its not a silicone lottery thing..

This is very much a silicon lottery thing. You're pushing your silicon to the very limit. Just because someone else got 4.1 doesn't mean that you'll get it. It's well known among overclockers that the typical limit of an R7 1XXX with domestic cooling is 4.0 GHz, 4.1 if you're lucky, and 4.2 if you're really lucky. My R3 1200 does 3.75 GHz @ 1.45 V. That's a bad draw on the lottery, but not unsurprising for a bottom bin.

4 hours ago, JESUS IS LORD said:

there are tons of other settings...

Do your research and experiment. Most of them have to do with power management and features.

You're overconfident in your hardware. Don't assume it can do 4.1 until you manage to get it. This is why we all say to leave it at 4.0, as it's being very clear in not wanting to go much further.

19 hours ago, dfsgsfa said:

let me ask same question

1700 on b350F 1.425v 3.9ghz on air, 85c max load

aida64 says error

how to get more?

You want more while already getting an error? 
Your overclock is unstable. Needs more Vcore to eventually get stable plus your temperatures are already quite high. Unfortunately your Vcore ( CPU voltage ) is already very high. So I guess the only way is to get better cooling in hope that stabilizes it , or reduce clockspeed  -> then you probably can reduce voltage -> that will result in lower temperature. 

9 hours ago, JESUS IS LORD said:

well then heres my question what can i do to stabilize my 4.0 to pass Fpu ? without lowering the clock speeds?  low ram and test .. because whatever will help stabilize 4.0 help get me to 4.1... 

what i am saying is i have voltage and temp under control which are two factors in not having high clocks ... 

I do not think i need more voltage, i am pretty sure some other voltage needs to be raised to stabilize it..  

Alot of Good responses though :) i am not going to lower my clock speed... its working fine on everything but the Fpu test in Adia64 which means it is some what stable ... 

You might mean SOC- Voltage but that is rather for stabilizing Ram overclocks and not a CPU Overclock. 
With Ryzen it's pretty simple. Deactivate all the Powersaving stuff and then just play with the Multiplier and Voltage until you reached any of the already mentioned limits. 
No other setting really plays a role then in overclocking the CPU. 
To be absolutely clear - I do not recommend that but - stabilizing your overclock requires you to add more Core Voltage. That's your answer. :D 

On 6/1/2020 at 8:56 AM, C17H23NO2 said:

You might mean SOC- Voltage but that is rather for stabilizing Ram overclocks and not a CPU Overclock. 
With Ryzen it's pretty simple. Deactivate all the Powersaving stuff and then just play with the Multiplier and Voltage until you reached any of the already mentioned limits. 
No other setting really plays a role then in overclocking the CPU. 
To be absolutely clear - I do not recommend that but - stabilizing your overclock requires you to add more Core Voltage. That's your answer. :D 

well it was doing something funky .... i set it 1.400v posted fine and then when i check my voltages they are like at spiking to 1.50v in cpuid ? its overriding my voltages?  i lowered my cpu to 3.98ghz .. 1 teir lower than 4.0 ghz and lowered my voltages and it goes about two or three minutes before crashing on fpu in aida 64 , 4.0 ghz is instant crash on Fpu, but Cpu all other test run fine? Also I am able to 3 back to back cinebenches, which is a very good indicator of stability ...  

I Was able to get it to 4.0 ghz with the Ram speed at 3400 mhz @ 1.4v... I can run consistant Cinebench scores... It probably will not run FPU test, but it does run everything else... Temps are 70's maybe low 80's while pinning the cpu ... Which will only really happen in Video/Audio encoding in my work load ... I mainly game...