Can’t reinstall Windows

I’ve had Windows and Linux on dual boot. Some time ago I deleted Linux through removing the partition that it was on (I know it’s dumb). I wanted to do a clean Windows install. When it finished, it couldn’t boot into it. So I installed Linux again to make a bootable USB. When I want to boot into that USB there’s just a flashing pointer in the top left corner.

Could anyone help me. I don’t know much about Linux.

8 minutes ago, NotReallyCaleb said:

When I want to boot into that USB there’s just a flashing pointer in the top left corner.

What linux distro are you using?

A guy asking and answering in his bedroom since he has nothing else to do

7 minutes ago, George Vella said:

What linux distro are you using?

Ubuntu 20.04

What do you mean by 

18 minutes ago, NotReallyCaleb said:

it couldn’t boot into it

? Do you mean that the dualboot window is not showing? Have you tried pressing F1-F12 (depends on the motherboard/laptop),esc or shift to pick your boot options? If [Windows Boot Manager] is showing up then boot to it.

6 minutes ago, George Vella said:

What do you mean by 

? Do you mean that the dualboot window is not showing? Have you tried pressing F1-F12 (depends on the motherboard/laptop),esc or shift to pick your boot options? If [Windows Boot Manager] is showing up then boot to it.

I formatted the drive with Windows to see if it could help. The dual boot screen doesn’t appear. Just boots straight to Linux

If you have the time, format the drive again, using the Windows Media Creator USB Tool, then install Linux and make sure while installation you mark

[Install Ubuntu alongside Windows Boot Manager] If you follow the steps correctly it should boot into the Dual Boot screen. If it goes directly to windows open up the BIOS [F1-F12], and search for boot options and make Linux the preferred OS, Since BIOSes vary I'd check out YouTube for help. If the Dual Boot Screen Doesn't come up then you've accidentally formatted the Windows Partition. If that happens Resize the Partitions yourself

Edited by George Vella
I added the last line