i5 8300H thermal and power limit throttle

My laptop Asus FX504GE has been overheating for quite a while now, i've tried contacting the asus technicians n all bt no solution. Since i don't know much about unvolting or overclocking kinda stuffs, i dont wanna mess with my settings. So plz help me fix it.

Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility 5_30_2020 4_52_34 PM.png

Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility 5_30_2020 5_01_11 PM.png

Clean the laptop and replace the thermal paste with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut. That will fix thermals. Power limits can't be removed as the power delivery will be overloaded I'd you do

First of all 

What work load are you using to test 

Second of all try dusting your laptop and cleaning it properly

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

First of all 

What work load are you using to test 

Second of all try dusting your laptop and cleaning it properly

my laptop just overheats even if i dont use it.. just normal usage, and some times gaming

1 minute ago, Sam1472 said:

my laptop just overheats even if i dont use it.. just normal usage, and some times gaming

Clean it properly and maybe change the thermal paste like what @5x5 said 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

4 minutes ago, Sam1472 said:

Clean it

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Clean it properly and maybe change the thermal paste like what @5x5 said 

i have changed the thermal paste with the one from cooler master since the one suggested was not available when i changed it

2 minutes ago, Sam1472 said:

i have changed the thermal paste with the one from cooler master since the one suggested was not available when i changed it

Alright then just clean the laptop 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

Alright then just clean the laptop 

u mean the thermal paste?

Just now, Sam1472 said:

u mean the thermal paste?

Clean the laptop 

If there is any dust accumulation get rid of it 

Just in general clean it 

Clean the vents etc lol

Build Log: 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 6:32 PM, Sam1472 said:

My laptop Asus FX504GE has been overheating for quite a while now, i've tried contacting the asus technicians n all bt no solution. Since i don't know much about unvolting or overclocking kinda stuffs, i dont wanna mess with my settings. So plz help me fix it.

Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility 5_30_2020 4_52_34 PM.png

Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility 5_30_2020 5_01_11 PM.png

Well asus laptop user here, you might want to refer to my comment on other thread related with laptop overheat.

What you can do first is to clean the heatsink grill and fan properly. Then reapply termal paste on cpu and gpu, if it does not help, you can try more extreme mod by drilling hope for better air intake