I need help!!!

I recently bought a mb320l pc case and it comes with 2 argb fans included with a splitter and controller but the problem is the splitter has two cables one of them plugs into the controller but that’s isn’t the problem the fans led lights work fine it’s just the other cable ,it’s supposed to connect to the motherboard and make the fans spin and I think it’s a 3 pin cable I’m a noob at pc this is my first build soo yeah ,the problem is my mobo doesn’t come with the specific header for the cable and i don’t know what to do I need help ASAP I’m going insane 

You can plug a 4 pin fan plug into a 3 pin header or visa versa just fine.

-アパゾ

34 minutes ago, APasz said:

You can plug a 4 pin fan plug into a 3 pin header or visa versa just fine.

I’m sorry but I don’t quite get what you are saying 

Edited by Motogishi

Here is a picture. Left is a 4 pin. Right is a 3 pin.
kA090000000MrmX_1.jpg
They can both plug onto a 3 pin (top) or 4 pin (bottom) motherboard header. They are interchangeable.
01-1.jpg

So you can plug your 4 pin fans into the 3 pin fan headers on your motherboard. They'll work.

-アパゾ

17 minutes ago, APasz said:

Here is a picture. Left is a 4 pin. Right is a 3 pin.
kA090000000MrmX_1.jpg
They can both plug onto a 3 pin (top) or 4 pin (bottom) motherboard header. They are interchangeable.
01-1.jpg

So you can plug your 4 pin fans into the 3 pin fan headers on your motherboard. They'll work.

Umm that’s not the same 3 pin I am talking about I’m talking about this cable right here 

4E04BAF7-8867-43AF-8000-F9C5C3C349FE.jpeg

Wait,

You're talking about the RGB splitter. You only plug in the connector to the type of socket you have.

Since you said the LEDs work, you've done that.

To make the fans spin the connectors shown above need to be plugged into the plugs shown above.

-アパゾ

1 hour ago, APasz said:

Wait,

You're talking about the RGB splitter. You only plug in the connector to the type of socket you have.

To make the fans spin the connectors shown above need to be plugged into the plugs shown above.

?? I’m very confused I’m so dumb I don’t think I have those connectors and what about the cable I showed though 

1 hour ago, APasz said:

Wait,

I also don’t have any plugs to plug them into I’m already using the cpu_fan and the sys_fan1 plugs on my motherboard and I don’t have any other fan headers I’m in a ditch rn I don’t know what to do 

A2D37383-B332-4B17-A411-1BC5C7F27044.jpeg

As far as I can tell, this is the splitter. https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Cooling/Accessories/74977-MFX-AWHN-3NNN1-R1?gclid=CjwKCAjwiMj2BRBFEiwAYfTbCtZWDqmAXUHxk6QN0G7hWf0Qq8aBgvL8PUvbp-VzgtGLgHFp4tSEhBoCzp4QAvD_BwE#

The female plugs are a one OR the other. Not both. Plugging them both in will cause damage.

The 3/4 pin plugs I showed are what power the fans. You can use a splitter to add more fans [dunno why one wouldn't be included]. Only 2/3 fans per header though.

If you need more fans you can use a powered fan hub.

-アパゾ

10 hours ago, APasz said:

As far as I can tell, this is the splitter. https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Cooling/Accessories/74977-MFX-AWHN-3NNN1-R1?gclid=CjwKCAjwiMj2BRBFEiwAYfTbCtZWDqmAXUHxk6QN0G7hWf0Qq8aBgvL8PUvbp-VzgtGLgHFp4tSEhBoCzp4QAvD_BwE#

The female plugs are a one OR the other. Not both. Plugging them both in will cause damage.

The 3/4 pin plugs I showed are what power the fans. You can use a splitter to add more fans [dunno why one wouldn't be included]. Only 2/3 fans per header though.

If you need more fans you can use a powered fan hub.

?? I already have that splitter though I know what to do the three in the back connect to the fans and one of the two connect to the controller and the other one connects to the mobo I just don’t have a rgb header that it tells me to plug into on the mobo

On 5/30/2020 at 5:41 PM, Motogishi said:

I just don’t have a rgb header that it tells me to plug into on the mobo

Correct. Your motherboard does not have an RGB header, so you cannot use that plug, and, ultimately cannot control the RGB via motherboard software. 

Ignore the 3pin header since you cant use it. Use the included controller instead, which is exactly what it's there for; systems like yours that do not have ARGB headers.

image.thumb.png.894b7596d0ede21a3b1a18d4202188cd.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25