Sound system for a 5m Living room

DownD

Hi, I have a 60m2 living room with 5m high, due to this large room the sound comming from the TV speakers is really bad and sometimes very hard to understand, so I want to buy some kind of sound system that can improve the sound trought the room.

Initially i thought about a simple sound bar, but then i release that this might not be designed to these kinds of large rooms(not sure thought), and I would be buying an item that wouldn't solve my problems.

So now i'm thinking about a sound system (maybe 5.1?), but my knowledge about sound system is close to zero, and i don't know what to chose.

I wanted a recomendation from somone that has any knowledge or experience, on what should i buy to improve the sound in my living room, please take into account the dimensions of the room, and i would like something not to expensive if possible, also somekind of wireless system would be nice.

You'd honestly be better off going to an audio review site, rather than asking here. There's a lot of research you're going to have to do, and it's going to take a lot more than people can summarize here easily, especially when it comes to the pros and cons of different setups. If it were me, I'd be getting a Dolby Atmos soundbar, but your room is absolutely massive and half the size of my apartment.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

12 hours ago, dizmo said:

You'd honestly be better off going to an audio review site, rather than asking here. There's a lot of research you're going to have to do, and it's going to take a lot more than people can summarize here easily, especially when it comes to the pros and cons of different setups. If it were me, I'd be getting a Dolby Atmos soundbar, but your room is absolutely massive and half the size of my apartment.

Yeah, the problem is the size of the room, a sound bar is desgined to reflect the sound using the walls i guess, but since the walls are too far, i think this would not work too good.

But thank you, i will check a more specialized website

7 hours ago, DownD said:

The real question is your budget, and how much work you want to put into it. A proper system is half room treatment, and half actual speakers.

Nowadays, higher end soundbars sound pretty good with minimal effort. 

In my personal opinion a pair of good bookshelf or floorstanding speakers with an amp will most likely get you better sound than a soundbar. Being able to spread the speakers can help filling the room and bigger speakers usualy sound more natural.

On 5/28/2020 at 10:19 PM, DownD said:

Hi, I have a 60m2 living room with 5m high, due to this large room the sound comming from the TV speakers is really bad and sometimes very hard to understand, so I want to buy some kind of sound system that can improve the sound trought the room.

Initially i thought about a simple sound bar, but then i release that this might not be designed to these kinds of large rooms(not sure thought), and I would be buying an item that wouldn't solve my problems.

So now i'm thinking about a sound system (maybe 5.1?), but my knowledge about sound system is close to zero, and i don't know what to chose.

I wanted a recomendation from somone that has any knowledge or experience, on what should i buy to improve the sound in my living room, please take into account the dimensions of the room, and i would like something not to expensive if possible, also somekind of wireless system would be nice.

My room is not as high as yours, but I feel pretty satisfied with the Sonos Beam soundbar. The Sonos Arc soundbar is being released June 10 according to Best Buy (at least here in Canada), as is meant to be used on larger rooms. I'd take a look on the latter, especially if your TV HDMI is eARC instead of ARC (to use the full features of the Arc soundbard you'd need that). The good thing with Sonos is that you can keep adding stuff to your setup through the app and make it a home system (adding a sub and back speakers). There are other features like streaming Spotify, Google Music, Tidal, etc straight from your phone, but I'm thinking now more of a thing to solve your TV sound problem.

Edited by HumdrumPenguin