Wireless KeyBoard and Mouse help.

My HTPC needs a new keyboard and mouse. Generally I run down to walmart, buy the 20$ kit and it works like shit. My kids are kids and why I go so cheap.

SO - I need some suggestions for a wireless keyboard and mouse that's robust to hold up to family of 5 youngest is 8.

Looking for reasonably priced and sturdy. No I don't want to chance spending lots of money, lets say 50-60$ budget? (flexible, less is cool, more is depending on robustness and quality)

I can do BlueTooth as well. The motherboard comes with it equipped. I have No clue about Blue tooth keyboard and mouse, please enlighten pro's and con's.

Big please and Big thanks for help and opinions!

-Moved to Peripherals-

Does it need to be dedicated mouse and keyboard? I have a K400 for my HTPC and it's awesome. Cheap as hell too

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Wireless mouse: Logitech G602.  They've been going on sale lately.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

1 hour ago, Slottr said:

-Moved to Peripherals-

Does it need to be dedicated mouse and keyboard? I have a K400 for my HTPC and it's awesome. Cheap as hell too

What do you mean by dedicated? Like they both use the same fob? No. I currently use 2 different makes and models.

Haha, nvm. Just looked the board has a mouse pad on it. Nah, the kid needs a mouse, so yea dedicated. 

I'll have a look at the K400 and G602. 

Thanks guys :)

59 minutes ago, nick name said:

Wireless mouse: Logitech G602.  They've been going on sale lately.  

Hey how's the signal on that mouse. (It's badass, 11 buttons man!) 

The PC is in a cabinet. Do you think that will be an issue? Sitting maybe 8-10 feet away.

I personally have very bad experience with Logitech. I have the Logitech G603 mouse and G613 keyboard. The mouse had double click issues with 1 year of purchase, fortunately the same was replaced under warranty. But now warranty is over and the double click issue is back. The mouse is just under 1 year old (as it was replaced under warranty)

Keyboard also same problems, i am facing double click issues across 2-3 keys now. 

But to answer your question on the product. No issue with range. My mouse is about 7-8 feet from the dongle. But not confident on their build quality

11 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Hey how's the signal on that mouse. (It's badass, 11 buttons man!) 

The PC is in a cabinet. Do you think that will be an issue? Sitting maybe 8-10 feet away.

It uses the 500Hz dongle that I haven't seen any problems with, but I don't use it at great distance.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

9 hours ago, Jinu said:

I personally have very bad experience with Logitech. I have the Logitech G603 mouse and G613 keyboard. The mouse had double click issues with 1 year of purchase, fortunately the same was replaced under warranty. But now warranty is over and the double click issue is back. The mouse is just under 1 year old (as it was replaced under warranty)

Keyboard also same problems, i am facing double click issues across 2-3 keys now. 

But to answer your question on the product. No issue with range. My mouse is about 7-8 feet from the dongle. But not confident on their build quality

I had a mouse they replaced with no hassle that is still going strong now, but my Logitech G810 keyboard has a key that constantly shines yellow so any color you set for it is changed by the constantly shining yellow.  They just told me they won't fix or replace it as it is 1 week (arguably 5 days) outside of the warranty period.  I'm not sure how I feel about that yet.  

To clarify -- the G602 I recommended isn't the mouse that was replaced.  That is a G402.  The G602 has been in service for probably four years now without issue.  

55 minutes ago, nick name said:

To clarify -- the G602 I recommended isn't the mouse that was replaced.  That is a G402.  The G602 has been in service for probably four years now without issue.  

Nice. Will check prices and some reviews when I get home later. Hopefully others have the same experiences that you have.

2 hours ago, nick name said:

As far as I am concerned I am done with Logitech. I dont think I will be buying their products again. The rate of failure of their product (in my personal experience) is too high for my comfort.

6 minutes ago, Jinu said:

As far as I am concerned I am done with Logitech. I dont think I will be buying their products again. The rate of failure of their product (in my personal experience) is too high for my comfort.

If Logitech changes their position on my RMA then I think I'll be happy, but as of now I think it's chicken sh#t to let a product 5 days past warranty coverage go without remedy.