Am I hacked?

Levi90

Hello! I have been on my pc for 4 hrs today and about 1 hr was on reddit. I just got on my phone and found out that I had joined a subreddit wich looks shady and seems like spam.

r/digitalmunition

No idea what this is. I am concerned I am backdoored. There is no way I joined in accident since I've never seen this subreddit.

Seems very unlikely you are hacked.

However it is best to practice good security measures, such as turning 2FA on on all of your accounts and having a good antivirus program installed.

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

Reddit will add you to communities you're not a part of in some situations, like opening a post from that community or accidentally viewing it when in recommended communities. And most subreddits are sketchy when they're 10k or less users.
Also what @Mad153 said, practice safe internet security.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

I've been added to some pages that I've been visiting as well. Turns out it's a bug. As seen here on this page:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

So... someone "hacks" you just to make you join a random subreddit? Come on now...

The unfortunate truth is that if you were actually hacked (as in someone stole your credentials) you'd probably never find out unless they changed your password and stole your account completely.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

8 hours ago, Mad153 said:

Seems very unlikely you are hacked.

However it is best to practice good security measures, such as turning 2FA on on all of your accounts and having a good antivirus program installed.

Yea. I currently have malwarebytes since I honestly find it a waste to buy an AV. I was thinking of generating a password using Dashlane or Keeper. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Jumballi said:

Reddit will add you to communities you're not a part of in some situations, like opening a post from that community or accidentally viewing it when in recommended communities. And most subreddits are sketchy when they're 10k or less users.
Also what @Mad153 said, practice safe internet security.

Oh, then it might've been that. Although I have also been having spotify log ins from Unknown Region. 

Thanks

46 minutes ago, Levi90 said:

Oh, then it might've been that. Although I have also been having spotify log ins from Unknown Region. 

Thanks

When in doubt just change passwords, and be sure to use different passwords for different accounts, write them down or use a password manager like RoboForm, that way if one password is compromised, the whole lot isn't.