dont know what to upgrade need help

GPU geforce gtx 1060

cpu intel i5 7400

16 gb ram 

118 gb ssd

1 tb hdd

I play fortnite on 120 fps ish and everytime i play my cpu is around 90 to 100 procent and my gpu is around 40 procent 

i tested my pc on a becnhmark site and it says that my cpu is peforming well but my gpu is under peforming what should i upgrade to get better fps 

Go for a 3600 and a B450 board

Faster, dual channel memory if you don't already have it

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

3 minutes ago, nogorakk said:

GPU geforce gtx 1060

cpu intel i5 7400

16 gb ram 

118 gb ssd

1 tb hdd

I play fortnite on 120 fps ish and everytime i play my cpu is around 90 to 100 procent and my gpu is around 40 procent 

i tested my pc on a becnhmark site and it says that my cpu is peforming well but my gpu is under peforming what should i upgrade to get better fps 

Switching to amd would be expensive as you would require a new motherboard, but if you can afford that either get the 3600 or 3600x, best bang for the buck. If you cant afford that, go for a 7700 or 8700k, its similar in terms of performance. You gpu should be fine for now, its worth an upgrade in the future sure but I think the cpu is the bottleneck here. 

1 minute ago, Callum Duncan said:

Switching to amd would be expensive as you would require a new motherboard, but if you can afford that either get the 3600 or 3600x, best bang for the buck. If you cant afford that, go for a 7700 or 8700k, its similar in terms of performance. You gpu should be fine for now, its worth an upgrade in the future sure but I think the cpu is the bottleneck here. 

should i still stay on i5 or go to a i7  

4 minutes ago, nogorakk said:

I7 would be preferable, especially for gaming, an i5 7400 is completely capable for most minimum specs but if you really want to get into 60/144 fps territory I would say go to i7, and if you would like to do something like streaming maybe try a 9700k. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MXSI216/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_5WYXEbG1SXNJR

If you are interested in streaming try the 8700 or 9700k, if its just games, 7700k should do. 

Just now, Callum Duncan said:

I7 would be preferable, especially for gaming, an i5 7400 is completely capable for most minimum specs but if you really want to get into 60/144 fps territory I would say go to i7, and if you would like to do something like streaming maybe try a 9700k. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MXSI216/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_5WYXEbG1SXNJR

If you are interested in streaming try the 8700 or 9700k, if its just games, 7700k should do. 

thank you so much man i dont know much abou pc helped me out a ton

2 minutes ago, nogorakk said:

thank you so much man i dont know much abou pc helped me out a ton

No problem man, happy to help! 

13 minutes ago, nogorakk said:

id probably go ryzen here. Id go r5 3600

Id stay away from a 7700k, just not a good value here.

So your gonna need a board for any reasonble upgrade.