List of tactile switches

markr54632

Is there a good list of tactile mx style switches? I have tried several, but nothing has quite struck me as great or amazing. I just want something with a noticeable tactile feedback. I can list what I have tried, and what I like and dislike about them, but noone likes to read a wall of text.

Before someone says to get a switch tester, they haven't been super helpful as they dont feel the same off of a board and they definitely dont sound the same.

1 minute ago, markr54632 said:

Is there a good list of tactile mx style switches? I have tried several, but nothing has quite struck me as great or amazing. I just want something with a noticeable tactile feedback. I can list what I have tried, and what I like and dislike about them, but noone likes to read a wall of text.

https://deskthority.net/wiki/Category:Tactile_switches

More than MX style only, but should give you an idea of what is out there.

The Halo and Zealio switches seem to be well-liked, but I am not the most well-knowledged in Tactile switches.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Sometimes you just have to try the switches with a specific keyboard. I recommend MX brown or another brand's alternative to that. That said, not all keyboards will feel the same even though they have the same switch. For instance I have a Ducky shine 5 and when the keyboard was brand new, the keys had a subtle sort of "scratchy" or "grainy" feeling when I pressed keys down instead of it being smooth and only feeling the tactile bump. Not all keyboards behave that way and I think it has to do with the tooling of the switches but I'm no expert.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

42 minutes ago, DarkEnergy said:

Sometimes you just have to try the switches with a specific keyboard. I recommend MX brown or another brand's alternative to that. That said, not all keyboards will feel the same even though they have the same switch. For instance I have a Ducky shine 5 and when the keyboard was brand new, the keys had a subtle sort of "scratchy" or "grainy" feeling when I pressed keys down instead of it being smooth and only feeling the tactile bump. Not all keyboards behave that way and I think it has to do with the tooling of the switches but I'm no expert.

I 100 percent agree they feel different depending on the board they are in. I have tried just about every brown clone out there. None of them seem to have much if any tactile feedback.

1 hour ago, markr54632 said:

I 100 percent agree they feel different depending on the board they are in. I have tried just about every brown clone out there. None of them seem to have much if any tactile feedback.

Zealios V2 have a quite large tactile bump. Tactile Kailh box switches have a sharp bump that some find nicer. 

11 minutes ago, geo3 said:

Zealios V2 have a quite large tactile bump. Tactile Kailh box switches have a sharp bump that some find nicer. 

Is the bump sharper in the kailh box switches than the kailh pro switches? The kailh pro heavy plum almost feels like a linear to me. I swapped the spring in one to a 35g spring and I could barely feel the tactile bump in it.

6 minutes ago, markr54632 said:

Is the bump sharper in the kailh box switches than the kailh pro switches? The kailh pro heavy plum almost feels like a linear to me. I swapped the spring in one to a 35g spring and I could barely feel the tactile bump in it.

The box switches are sharper. The pro purple is more similar to a first generation Zealios.