What is Linus Media Group's off-site backup solution?

I'm planning to build my own NAS for use as a Plex server and data storage solution. I have been searching for different off-site backup solutions, and out of curiosity, I started wondering how Linus Media Group handles its off-site backup. I found two videos from Linus Tech Tips that discuss this topic.

In the second video, Linus strongly suggests that tape storage might be their solution (though in the first video, Linus dismisses tape storage as having too high upfront cost). They don't confirm this in the video, and I cannot remember any instances after these videos where they would have confirmed this.  So can anyone confirm whether tape storage is their official off-site backup solution?

As far as I remember they went with the tape after the Google thing fell apart as somewhat expected, you can see the tape video was a few months later.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

tape storage is on site cold storage, not off site. that will be something like backblaze.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

Uh... no?

Turning tape into offsite storage just involves carrying the tapes to another location.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

37 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Uh... no?

Turning tape into offsite storage just involves carrying the tapes to another location.

This actually made me laugh out loud, not your response which was perfect, but the post it is responding to.

I don't know what their solution was in the end, but I was thinking about going cloud based, simply because unlike LMG, I won't be dealing with petabytes of information and probably wouldn't exceed 10tb of storage total and I think for cloud storage, I don't think that 10tb will be that expensive.

I would think everyone just uses cloud providers these days. 

1 hour ago, StevenWithaV said:

I would think everyone just uses cloud providers these days. 

You must be referring to Google Drive.

"Shashabooey" - Po

1 hour ago, CloroxBleach57 said:

You must be referring to Google Drive.

Moreso amazon S3 or glacier... I imagine Google has an option like that...

4 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Uh... no?

Something something, the massive bandwidth of a stationwagon full of tapes/drives. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…