First pc build, and its unstable and weird

Mark30031

Got myself new Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte b450 aorus m, Cooler master hyper 212 red turbo, Gskill 2x8gb 3200mhz, Phanteks P300 Eclipse white temp glass.

And took out the GPU, PSU, HDD, SSD from my previous pc (1.5 yo).

I Built it 3 days ago, and it works. looks good and just works. but works weird.

Idle CPU temp on desktop jumps between 45-60 and sometimes when browsing web it jumps to 70's and jumps all cores sometimes to 1.475v max. also the CPU Cooler RPM jumps to 1600 (max) randomly even at 50c.

OCCT Test on CPU for 15min maxed out temp was 85-88.

2 other times I did an OCCT test I had MANY issues found for some reason so I just stopped the test.

second problem : GPU fan speed jumping between 0-1100rpm randomly on desktop (idle again).

Link to pictures showing the 

[https://imgur.com/a/xdFN2NK](https://imgur.com/a/xdFN2NK)   here you can see the weird CPU fan behaviour (OCCT test wasn't running), the CPU temperatures unstable when idle, the GPU fans behaving weird, and the test which found so much issues for some reason idk why....

​

forgot to say that 3 days ago when I built the pc I mounted the cooler fans the opposite way, the next day I took of the cooler and fixed it but I didn't clean the thermal paste and place a new one because the one on the CPU was put the day before....

15 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

did you do a fresh windows isntall?

I had a windows on the pc already

yeah when you get a new motherboard and cpu you should reinstall windows, that's why you're getting weird issues

20 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

yeah when you get a new motherboard and cpu you should reinstall windows, that's why you're getting weird issues

You think it will affect the temperatures O.O?

I mean my temps should be 15-20c lower than I get now, idk if windows fresh installation will fix it o.o

I did activate it again by writing the key down, should I FULLY Fresh install it ?

10 minutes ago, Mark30031 said:

You think it will affect the temperatures O.O?

I mean my temps should be 15-20c lower than I get now, idk if windows fresh installation will fix it o.o

I did activate it again by writing the key down, should I FULLY Fresh install it ?

im not sure about how/if temps are affected by an windows installations that wasnt setup on that new pc but it can/will cause you problems in the long run, whether its driver issues or not getting the maximum performance.

So its always best to try to install a fresh installation of windows.

Make sure to backup any data that you dont want to lose before doing the reinstallation.

4 minutes ago, TekSupport said:

im not sure about how/if temps are affected by an windows installations that wasnt setup on that new pc but it can/will cause you problems in the long run, whether its driver issues or not getting the maximum performance.

So its always best to try to install a fresh installation of windows.

Make sure to backup any data that you dont want to lose before doing the reinstallation.

Let's be honest, most likely fresh windows install won't help "fixing" the temps.

After I do that, what do you recommend me to do ?