Are you afraid of being photographed?

zassou

im not a good looking person, in fact i have some serious complex about it.

there's no mirror in my bathroom, i dont take photos of myself other than passports or licenses. i skipped all kinds of group photoshoot if possible, including school graduations.

i used to play with cameras and learned a lot about photography, not nowadays due to how dated the camera has become (it cant't even record videos), what else i learned is i have a natural habit of avoid camera lenses.

thanks to current events, i feel a bit more comfortable walking on the streets with my mask on. no being seen as a weirdo but a responsible person.

as an avid twitter user, i always feeling uneasy looking at people's irl photo of themselves as their pfp.

in fact i always afraid of ppl turning your photo into memes, like bad luck brian back in the days.  (he actually looks smart when not wearing braces)

if you use your photo as pfp, or take selfie and posted it online;

aren't you worry that, maybe, one day some nasty individuals would turn your selfie into another bad luck brian, just because you said something they dont like?

if you like me; who either a privacy freak, or just not photogenic;

have you ever rejected photoshoots or similar things? cuz i always thinking im a huge weirdo when literally all youtube thumbnails are ppl's faces staring at me.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

I grew up without smartphones and digital cameras. The only time pictures were taken was if you were walking by some tourists. Btw. using social media means people can link you in a photo so everyone can find out who you are or what you look like. If you have concerned with that, remove yourself from those platforms.

Me personally, I don't mind group photos as long as they are film or not posted somewhere online.

1 hour ago, zassou said:

aren't you worry that, maybe, one day some nasty individuals would turn your selfie into another bad luck brian, just because you said something they dont like?

Couldn't give a damn if they do.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Hm... Sounds like a case of scopophobia? Fear of being looked at?

For me, the only photos I'd tolerate would be photos with friends and family, or photos that will only be shared with friends and family. I'm not particularly comfortable posting real-life photos of myself online or anywhere it could be distributed widely, thanks to some dumb middle school shenanigans.

1 hour ago, zassou said:

This is sort of a concern, sometimes, but the main reason for my discomfort is that I don't want pictures of myself accessible to people whom know me from my middle school days. If someone were to take a photo that included me in it, I'd strongly prefer that they ask for my permission before they snap it, especially if they intend to share that photo online. Consent and all that, y'know?

1 hour ago, zassou said:

there's no mirror in my bathroom

Derailing the topic a little... I used to have a problem with mirrors -- more specifically, a problem with trying to look myself in the eye in the mirror. I'd say 80% of that discomfort came from low self-esteem/self-hate, 20% from insecurities about my looks. It's a little easier now though, now that I'm making an effort to keep a positive mindset about things. 😁

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

I don’t really mind. Knowing New Zealand and how much I stick out overseas, I’m probably in lots of tourist photos, or locals when I visit other places.

I did used to be self-conscious on how I look at I always try and look my best, I.e bead always trimmed, hair looking on point, eyebrows on fleek etc. 

Really though if you take good care of yourself, keep yourself maintained (lack of body maintenance is a sign of anxiety), make sure you don’t smell bad, no one really cares. Like acne etc - no one minds because we all get it, bad hair day? Happens to the best of us. Don’t worry about how you look, everyone is unique, and hey, you can’t change how you look and you only have one life, plus there’s always going to be someone out there who thinks you’re pretty.