Universal IO shield?

Hello :) i recently picked up a asus oem main board for very cheap. It came without IO shield. Is it possible to buy some sort of universal io shield from china?  Kinda messing with ny OCD to not have a IO shield. 

IMG_20200518_131046.jpg

5 minutes ago, tennbrikket said:

Hello :) i recently picked up a asus oem main board for very cheap. It came without IO shield. Is it possible to buy some sort of universal io shield from china?  Kinda messing with ny OCD to not have a IO shield. 

IMG_20200518_131046.jpg

No it is not 

Every board has different IO 

Some have fancy io and others have bare bones very basic io 

Uniting them into a single array of io will be pretty tough to do 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, tennbrikket said:

Well i thought most of the oem board has the same IO. USB port, ethernet, jack and HDMI is Pretty standard on most of the oem boards.

Those are the basics 

So they are present on all boards (for 3.0 it's z77 and above ) but some have extra io like DL dvi or maybe vga or maybe a ps2 connector

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, tennbrikket said:

Well i thought most of the oem board has the same IO. USB port, ethernet, jack and HDMI is Pretty standard on most of the oem boards.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TZQK34/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=pctechhustle-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B003TZQK34&linkId=b01a0df7dac769e3dc0c58d2f69d1a1f

They may have the same ports, but unless the layout of these ports at the rear of the board is identical, their I/O shields are not going to be interchangeable.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Just now, Eigenvektor said:

They may have the same ports, but unless the layout of these ports at the rear of the board is identical, their I/O shields are not going to be interchangeable.

^ forgot to mention this aswell 😅

Build Log: 

I thought most of the layout should be the same on these easy, cheap boards..most likely the same factory that produces them.

Just now, tennbrikket said:

I thought most of the layout should be the same on these easy, cheap boards..most likely the same factory that produces them.

Not necessarily true

But even if it is the same factory usual OEM builds tend to go for proprietary hardware (because they are assholes lmao)

Build Log: 

Just now, tennbrikket said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/I-O-Shield-Without-Any-Opening-Blank-Backplate-For-All-Motherboard-DIY-/323163024635

start cutting

I might have a solution. A friend of mine has a 3d printer..might try to print something. Found a couple of  IO's on thingverse

2 minutes ago, tennbrikket said:

I might have a solution. A friend of mine has a 3d printer..might try to print something. Found a couple of  IO's on thingverse

In all honesty io shields are just for looks you don't necessarily need to go and 3rd print them it is just a hassle imo

Build Log: 

For aesthetics I don't think it's a problem, unless your IO is visible somehow?  and in all honesty I've never had a problem with any board that didn't have an IO shield on any of my builds. Early years I never even thought of the IO shield at all, unless I noticed I had that part left after a build was installed.

You may get some extra dust entering the case through the gaps left by not having an IO shield, but that's solved with a regular 3/6/12 month cleaning.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini