Feel Sorry For The Ouya

brownninja97

Everyone's crapping on it is there anything good about it?

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

It's a good looking box.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

is there anything good about it?

XBMC and Final Fantasy 3, but FF3 shouldn't be more than $5 as a digital copy.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

Underrated definitely.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

A competent platform designed to provide unparalleled developer freedom in creating the most imaginative and intriguing of game experiences with no fees to pay. And also an open platform designed for allowing users to tinker and play with it, hack it and even develop their own programs / games / code for it.

I'd say it sounds amazing. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Seems good but it gets beaten in performance by phones. The menus hang and none of its non emulator games are properly working well with the controller

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

The problem is the processor and all the tech that went into it was last gen :/ The only way it can stay competitive is if they developers decided to make a Gen 2 version of it with tech that will at least be modern for like 2 - 3 years, similar to what the next gen xbox and playstation are doing.

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

The problem is the processor and all the tech that went into it was last gen :/ The only way it can stay competitive is if they developers decided to make a Gen 2 version of it with tech that will at least be modern for like 2 - 3 years, similar to what the next gen xbox and playstation are doing.

Which they most definitely can't afford to do right now. It would be akin to Microsoft releasing the 360 before the original Xbox ever came out. They didn't plan this well, everyone knew the Tegra 4 was probably going to beat their intended release date. 

Here's how I see it. The Ouya is taking something that was already compressed into something small and made it big all over again. (mobile gaming). The Ouya's has the capability to play Minecraft, but who cares because I can minecraft on my phone these days. And it's already on the Xbox which has tons more variety when it comes to other great games.(same goes for playstation with the exception that playstation doesn't have minecraft) Something as old as the Xbox and PS3 has better processing power than the Ouya which is sad given the circumstance. I really have no idea what the companies motives were when making that system. Maybe it money, Maybe it was just a rookie mistake, because when I comes down it; it was a mistake.

CPU:4770k  Motherboard:Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero  RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance  GPU:MSI GeForce GTX 780 OC 6GB  CaseFractal Design Define R4 (Blackout Edition)  Storage:Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB WD Caviar Black PSU:Corsair RM 850  Display(s):BenQ 24" GL2450-B  Cooling:Corsair H75  Keyboard:Compaq (Generic)  Mouse:G500

Guys, you're sort of missing the point of the device. No offense! :)

The OUYA isn't supposed to be a graphical or processing powerhouse - it's just a VERY cheap Android games console. It's not supposed to compete with the PS3 and Xbox 360 for AAA games or be host to the most graphically amazing games available.

The OUYA is cheap. It's customisable, it's easy to develop for and more importantly FREE to develop for. It's about providing developers and players with the freedom and ability to craft game experiences without being dictated to by Microsoft, Sony, EA, Activision etc. If some aspiring game developer is working on a new concept he's had for an RPG he can build that game on the OUYA and share it with friends to play on their own consoles. You can't do that on the Xbox or PS3.

Think of it more as an extremely cheap Android equivalent to a gaming PC. Because it's more comparable to that than it is to a console. :D

Guys, you're sort of missing the point of the device. No offense! :)

The OUYA isn't supposed to be a graphical or processing powerhouse - it's just a VERY cheap Android games console. It's not supposed to compete with the PS3 and Xbox 360 for AAA games or be host to the most graphically amazing games available.

The OUYA is cheap. It's customisable, it's easy to develop for and more importantly FREE to develop for. It's about providing developers and players with the freedom and ability to craft game experiences without being dictated to by Microsoft, Sony, EA, Activision etc. If some aspiring game developer is working on a new concept he's had for an RPG he can build that game on the OUYA and share it with friends to play on their own consoles. You can't do that on the Xbox or PS3.

Think of it more as an extremely cheap Android equivalent to a gaming PC. Because it's more comparable to that than it is to a console. :D

The problem that you may or may not have seen is that it thing is getting beaten by phones and the least of its problems. The developers aren't taking it seriously and as a result the games don't work well for the controller. Afterthat the software is very bad for the console as the console cant keep up with it and you are often left with blank boxes and are waiting a while before you can see anything. If phones are more powerful and faster to use in general then the Ouya is in a baaaad situation. 

Listen if you care.

The OUYA is $99. Most high-end smartphones retail at around $800 -  they will naturally be more powerful. The manufacturers have the luxury and money to churn out high-powered devices with very little development time.

There are definitely problems, but it is a beta device right now. I'm sure after a while those bugs will get fixed. :) As for problems with the controller and UI, I'm not sure I believe it. Developers have had OUYA devices since November / December 2012 and didn't make many complaints. Why would these problems suddenly arise out of nowhere, and only with tech reviewers? 

It would be very nice to expect the OUYA to be the best thing out there. For it to be the most high powered Xbox and PlayStation destroying, chewing-gum chomping, butt-kicking badass of all time. But realistically, it will have problems - it's not being made by massive corporations like Microsoft or Sony. And it's not being backed by an extensive catalogue of games that has been growing for 4 or 5 years.

Give it time, and give it support. With both of those it has the potential to be an amazing little thing. :D

the unbiased problem is that it came out WAY to late for the components it had in it all the things were surpassed by the current things.

the biased problem is, it is a phone that you plug into your tv to play casual games. never do i sit in front of a tv and say hmm i want to play a game on my phone but on my tv. phone games are for when you are bored and have nothing else to do. imo.i thought it was dumb to begin with and it is still dumb.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

its an alright product.  I think they should have made it a bit more expensive and put some proper high end hardware in it..

My Meme Proudly Featured on the Live-Stream: http://prodigydoo.com/ImageStorage/memes/linus-meme-6.jpg
Some Threads You Should Get involved in: Linus and Slick Memes     Youtubers on the LTT Forum      The List of Tech YouTubers (Contribute!)      Disable AdBlock for Linus (Guide)