Root version of Remote System Monitor Android

The Torrent

The application which lets you display resource info on your phone. is there a root version, as in has someone made a more streamlined dedicated version that perhaps e.g i can replace the entire software on my old phone with? e.g that would:

1. Turn itself off when power is disconnected/pc is shut down
  2. When turning itself back on it is the dedicated program on the phone (and only) so it opens that program back up automatically so you don't need to manually click on the program again
  3. Possibly wired so that the even low amount of network bandwith is not used
  4. Doesn't cost the £1 donation (I know its not much but combine it with other points)

Has anyone made such thing?

So you want the functionality but don't want to pay even bare minimum?

12 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

is there a root version, as in has someone made a more streamlined dedicated version that perhaps e.g i can replace the entire software on my old phone with?

That sounds like a lot of extra effort for a single app. You would essentially have to create a custom ROM that can't do anything other than display one specific app. And while a custom ROM should be able to power off the phone, causing it to automatically turn on as soon as USB power is connected might require custom firmware, so even more effort. (Unless by turn off you mean just the screen, not actually off)

I don't think anyone would go to that much effort for a single app. It would also require other skills than "just" making an Android app. I'd assume that would be worth even more than £1.

You could potentially get the effect by combining:

a) A custom ROM that can turn off/power on the phone as power is disconnected/connected

b) Some "kiosk" software that replaces the launcher and can be set to run a single app in "single app mode"

The only thing missing would be communication over USB instead of Wi-Fi (and it being completely free, I suppose, developers gotta eat, too)

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

6 hours ago, nox_ said:

So you want the functionality but don't want to pay even bare minimum?

i want the functionality + extra