Which router to buy?

I want to upgrade my internet subscription from 300Mbps to 500Mps or 1Gbps and I don't know which router to buy. Which one of these is better for downloading/uploading large files through a 10 meter cat5e ethernet cable? I am on a budget so those are the ones that I can afford.

routers.png

The only drive I use for storage is a Kingston A400 480GB SSD so the maximum speed I would get would be around 500Mbps, right?

image.png

2 minutes ago, Stefan Laza said:

around 500Mbps

No, the drive can do 500MBps, ie. 500 megabytes per second. Internet-speeds are typically reported in megabits per second. There is a difference, the capital-letters matter, ie. MBps is not the same thing as Mbps. 500Mbps is about 62.5MBps -- well below your SSD's speeds.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

No, the drive can do 500MBps, ie. 500 megabytes per second. Internet-speeds are typically reported in megabits per second. There is a difference, the capital-letters matter, ie. MBps is not the same thing as Mbps. 500Mbps is about 62.5MBps -- well below your SSD's speeds.

Oh so I could get the 1000mbps then. Thanks

Choose one with Gbit LAN speed. I'd recommend the AVM Fritzbox series for starters.

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Just now, Dutch_Master said:

Choose one with Gbit LAN speed. I'd recommend the AVM Fritzbox series for starters.

Well I have already a router that I got with the internet subscription and it looks like thisNoua retea internet RCS-RDS EPON prin HG323UEG

They say its maximum speed is 1Gbps but with my current subscription (300mbps) I didn't get more than 15MBps download (trough my ethernet cable) and through a wall the wi-fi signal is already almost dead. I read on the internet that the TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 is a really good router for 1Gbps and I can afford it. The AVM Fritzbox that you mentioned earlier is way more expensive in my country

41 minutes ago, Stefan Laza said:

Well I have already a router that I got with the internet subscription and it looks like thisNoua retea internet RCS-RDS EPON prin HG323UEG

They say its maximum speed is 1Gbps but with my current subscription (300mbps) I didn't get more than 15MBps download (trough my ethernet cable) and through a wall the wi-fi signal is already almost dead. I read on the internet that the TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 is a really good router for 1Gbps and I can afford it. The AVM Fritzbox that you mentioned earlier is way more expensive in my country

See werecatf's post. The advertised internet speed is not the same as what you see when downloading files. It's megaBITS per second, not megaBYTES. If your router supports 1gbps then the only thing a better router can do for you is give you better signal in your home, but it won't make your speeds faster.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x | MB: Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570 | Memory: 32GB (4x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600mhz CL16 @ 3800 CL16 | GPU: EVGA 2070 Super Black | Cooler: EVGA CLC 240 with Arctic P12 fans | PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 GA | Storage: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe SSD | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14 Redux, 4x Arctic P12 (including the 2 on rad) | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C with dark tint tempered glass | Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Lite | Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate | Monitor: 27" Samsung Odyssey G7 | Speakers: JVC SP-UX7000 in cherry | No RGB except the pump block is set to white. Motherboard lighting is OFF.