212 evo + A8-5600k

Tea1337

I am looking for an air cooler and ever since it's release the 212 evo has been a beast. So I was wondering if I should throw it on my APU rig so I can OC the cpu to around 4.1-4.5Ghz, it can do that on the stock cooler but it get's too warm upon bootup, I would like to spend less than $25 if possible. 

FYI: I need this rig to last another 2-3 months and the CPU isn't powerful enough, my titan rig is the one i'm using but this one is hosting a MC server and it needs the extra umph to keep it going.

I'd get the 212 Evo, there is nothing wrong with spending a bit to have it run cooler and faster.

Not sure if I agree with that when it's on a processor that's like $70..

please don't get the evo... Its absolute shit compared to the 212 plus . The little plastic clips used to get the fan on are cheap and the screws they include strip without force. If you ever were planning on maybe orienting the fan in a different direction than the way it comes then don't get it. Plus the hyper 212 plus is the same anyways.

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory

please don't get the evo... Its absolute shit compared to the 212 plus . The little plastic clips used to get the fan on are cheap and the screws they include strip without force. If you ever were planning on maybe orienting the fan in a different direction than the way it comes then don't get it. Plus the hyper 212 plus is the same anyways.

Thanks for telling me, the 212 plus looks to be of better quality in some ways. Also it's $5 cheaper so that's a plus.

Thanks for telling me, the 212 plus looks to be of better quality in some ways. Also it's $5 cheaper so that's a plus.

And people wonder why its still on the market. Its because people who have had the evo always go back to the one that made it famous :P

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

And people wonder why its still on the market. Its because people who have had the evo always go back to the one that made it famous :P

The way the heatpipes are arranged make the Evo superior though. Also don't over tighten stuff and it won't strip/break

The way the heatpipes are arranged make the Evo superior though. Also don't over tighten stuff and it won't strip/break

It was unscrewing the stock mount that caused my issues. They are cheap screws and the fact that they are already tightened too much makes it more annoying.