Can I use a fan splitter on a fan controller?

I bought a Phanteks universal fan controller to facilitate the 4 fans that I have in my case because my motherboard only has one fan header. I have a total of 4 3-pin fans (3 came with the case) but the controller only has 3 slots for 3 pin fans so I was wondering if I would be able to use a splitter on one of the fan hub ports or would it just be better and easier to get a 4 pin fan? 

14 minutes ago, tripleaaa said:

I bought a Phanteks universal fan controller to facilitate the 4 fans that I have in my case because my motherboard only has one fan header. I have a total of 4 3-pin fans (3 came with the case) but the controller only has 3 slots for 3 pin fans so I was wondering if I would be able to use a splitter on one of the fan hub ports or would it just be better and easier to get a 4 pin fan? 

In my experience it shouldn't matter whether its 3 pin or 4 pin. I could be wrong however.

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

What controller? If its one with external power, or if fans are withing mobo header spec limits, then you are good to go.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

12 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

What controller?

http://www.phanteks.com/PH-PWHUB_02.html

Yes, you can use a fan splitter. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.