Can't decide on i9 10900K or AMD for new gaming PC build

I have already ordered most of my parts for my next computer build except for the motherboard, gpu and cpu. I'm trying to wait until next week for real world actual usage, tests, and advice on the upcoming i9 10900K. I've been an Intel user all my life and if I were to go with AMD it would be unknown territories and I want to stick with what I've known and grown on most of my pc building life. But that isn't to say, if AMD Ryzen CPU's over major benefits over Intel's i9 10900K in the gaming department, then I will consider switching to AMD. But currently, I don't have any experience with the AMD architecture. But I am most likely going to pair whichever CPU I choose whether its the i9 10900K or AMD Ryzen with the upcoming NVIDIA ampere's GPU coming out later this rear. Most likely the 3080ti. Not sure if that card will work well with AMD Ryzen or not which is one of my concerns.

This computer will be mainly used for gaming with some Adobe Creative Suite, typical Office apps. What do you guys think? I would like to hear your feedback so I can make a better decision on what CPU to go with. Has there been any positive feedback regarding the i9 10900K? Is anyone here going to get it?

The 3080ti is rumored to be running on PCIe gen 4 (which the i9 10900k does not support), if true, going AMD for gaming would be the better option. If you can, I'd wait until this is clarified by nvidia.

If it uses PCIe gen 3 though, then Intel has the clockspeed advantage and should deliver slightly better gaming performance as they have in the past, but without Ryzen 4000 benchmarks this is just speculation.

Pizza is the best food group

1 minute ago, FeIIex said:

The 3080ti is rumored to be running on PCIe gen 4 (which the i9 10900k does not support), if true, going AMD for gaming would be the better option. If you can, I'd wait until this is clarified by nvidia.

we have yet to see if the bandwidth is at all important, since it has proven not to be on the RX 5000 series.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

What is AMD's Ryzen equivalent to Intel's i9 10900K? and what ASUS motherboard would work for it? I'm new to the AMD thing and learning as I go.

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

we have yet to see if the bandwidth is at all important, since it has proven not to be on the RX 5000 series.

All the more reason to wait until benchmarks are out before pulling the trigger

Pizza is the best food group

7 minutes ago, LadyCore said:

I have already ordered most of my parts for my next computer build except for the motherboard, gpu and cpu. I'm trying to wait until next week for real world actual usage, tests, and advice on the upcoming i9 10900K. I've been an Intel user all my life and if I were to go with AMD it would be unknown territories and I want to stick with what I've known and grown on most of my pc building life. But that isn't to say, if AMD Ryzen CPU's over major benefits over Intel's i9 10900K in the gaming department, then I will consider switching to AMD. But currently, I don't have any experience with the AMD architecture. But I am most likely going to pair whichever CPU I choose whether its the i9 10900K or AMD Ryzen with the upcoming NVIDIA ampere's GPU coming out later this rear. Most likely the 3080ti. Not sure if that card will work well with AMD Ryzen or not which is one of my concerns.

This computer will be mainly used for gaming with some Adobe Creative Suite, typical Office apps. What do you guys think? I would like to hear your feedback so I can make a better decision on what CPU to go with. Has there been any positive feedback regarding the i9 10900K? Is anyone here going to get it?

10900K runs hot, very hot. So, you have to get a good cooling. Even, it runs 90C in liquid cooling. 
It'd be wise to wait to see what ryzen 4000 offers and then make the decsion. Going intel isn't a wise chhoice right now.

Just now, LadyCore said:

What is AMD's Ryzen equivalent to Intel's i9 10900K? and what ASUS motherboard would work for it? I'm new to the AMD thing and learning as I go.

It's the 3950x. you'll get 2c/4t more than the 10900k and also much greater performane.
When it comes to clockspeeds, ryzen and intel right now are neck and neck due to higher ipc rates of ryzen vs intel's higer clock speed with the expence of additional heat and power consumption.

What about the upcoming Ryzen 4000? The more I hear about the i9 10900K the more I'm scared about how hot it runs. I have already purchased an NZXT Kraken Z73 AIO cooler. I really hope it will work with AMD Ryzen should I go with them instead of the i9 10900K.

8 minutes ago, LadyCore said:

2 minutes ago, LadyCore said:

What about the upcoming Ryzen 4000? The more I hear about the i9 10900K the more I'm scared about how hot it runs. I have already purchased an NZXT Kraken Z73 AIO cooler. I really hope it will work with AMD Ryzen should I go with them instead of the i9 10900K.

Should definitely go for a Ryzen 9 3950X instead of the Intel i9 10900K with all reasons except if you are planning to work with intense AI workloads which has better optimization on 10th gen Intel Core processors.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

6 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Should definitely go for a Ryzen 9 3950X instead of the Intel i9 10900K with all reasons except if you are planning to work with intense AI workloads which has better optimization on 10th gen Intel Core processors.

If so, I might as well hold off for AMD's Ryzen 4000 then. BTW, just looked at the Ryzen 3950X and it goes for $720???? That's really expensive, more than the i9 10900K.

25 minutes ago, LadyCore said:

If so, I might as well hold off for AMD's Ryzen 4000 then. BTW, just looked at the Ryzen 3950X and it goes for $720???? That's really expensive, more than the i9 10900K.

The Ryzen 9 3950X is expensive since it is the top of the line desktop-grade processor available, the i9 10900K has 10 cores and 20 threads while the Ryzen 9 3950X has 16 cores and 32 threads. You will get significantly better performance from the Ryzen 9 3950X. Although, for a more comparable Ryzen processor to the Core i9 10900K, there is the Ryzen 9 3900X which has 12 cores and 24 threads running at 3.8 GHz (could be overclocked beyond if you have proper cooling) would still be better than a i9 10900K and costs $425. I would recommend waiting until Ryzen 4000 which should cause the 3950X to drop in price or go with the 3900X. 

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

What's a good ASUS motherboard for the Ryzen 9 3900X that will allow me to upgrade to future versions of their CPUs?

Personally it just comes down to price and performance.

But at $488 it is actually good value and they pretty much priced it on par with the 3900x. In the end it comes down to motherboard pricing too

if you also plan to use the cpu for heating up the case and room, keeping warm your house, then it's intel all the way. 

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

Intel is being beaten by AMD in pretty much every use case, including gaming. As said, only in single-core performance will Intel give AMD something to think about, but overall it's AMD that's making the waves. Well, Intel is making waves, but for all the wrong reasons 🙄

Anyway, given you want an upgrade path, go for the upcoming B550 mainboards. If you can't wait, buy a 570 board. Both are supporting next-gen AMD Zen proc's while the 300&400 series will meet their end on the current gen.

Whichever platform you choose, make sure there's plenty of airflow in&out of the case as well as circulation inside!

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

4 hours ago, LadyCore said:

About the mobo, you can choose whatever you like. Some people say, that cheaper mobos are the way to go, I am the opposite. I like to pay premium for the nice looking motherboard, nice rear I/O etc. 

Waiting at Ryzen 4000 could be a looong waiting. AMD has no reason whatsoever to push the release of their new generation, They are kings at this moment and Intel won't even touch them, not even with 10900K. Speculations are, that the Ryzen 4000 will be available around end of Q4 2020 or start of Q1 2021. But, that can of course change with Nvidia's Ampere GPU release. Maybe AMD will push their NAVI 2.0 GPUs along with their new CPUs before Nvidia, to claim the performance crown. I would not be even surprised, if the the new AMD GPUs would run somehow better with the new AMD CPUs as opposed the combo of Ryzen 4000 + RTX 3000.