I am lost with all those available displays

rnud

Hi everyone!

I look for replacing my old monitor, since I got a new high-end pc. But it's pretty impossible to get one that fully satisfy me. I was searching for months now and I cannot decide yet. 
My check list is, sorted by decreased importance:

G-sync compatibility, 24" to 32", budget between 500 and 1000 $ CAD (1500 max)
color accuracy, black included (since I got a OLED TV, my eyes bleed with LCD 😅)

durability (means, I can keep it like 10 years)
Correct latency (I am not on the competitive spot)
1440p or 4K (but I know it is useless to get this resolution, because I am sat like 60cm ahead from my display)
HDR ready (means at least 600, but if I get a top notch display without HDR, I am fine with it)

I got a short list of candidates, but all does not fully satisfy me. 

There is DELL S3220DGF, good price, but 1440p on a 32" may be not enough?
Asus PG279Q, expensive, and black uniformity seems to be a mess...
Aus Predator X27, expensive for what it worth (and trouble to get one here in Montreal, same with XB3)

So, any suggestions? 

If you're using a high refresh rate like the DELL S3220DGF, you don't need Gsync or Freesync. The frames refresh fast enough to not see frame tearing

5 hours ago, Darpyface said:

If you're using a high refresh rate like the DELL S3220DGF, you don't need Gsync or Freesync. The frames refresh fast enough to not see frame tearing

The Dell is Gsync compatible anyway, so... I am just wondering if a 32" would be better with 4K resolution that 1440p, with my viewing distance (around 60 cm/ 2ft)...

Stay away from the 32" 1440p.

My recommendation is max 27" on 1440p.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

14 hours ago, rnud said:

Hi everyone!

I look for replacing my old monitor, since I got a new high-end pc. But it's pretty impossible to get one that fully satisfy me. I was searching for months now and I cannot decide yet. 
My check list is, sorted by decreased importance:

G-sync compatibility, 24" to 32", budget between 500 and 1000 $ CAD (1500 max)
color accuracy, black included (since I got a OLED TV, my eyes bleed with LCD 😅)

durability (means, I can keep it like 10 years)
Correct latency (I am not on the competitive spot)
1440p or 4K (but I know it is useless to get this resolution, because I am sat like 60cm ahead from my display)
HDR ready (means at least 600, but if I get a top notch display without HDR, I am fine with it)

I got a short list of candidates, but all does not fully satisfy me. 

There is DELL S3220DGF, good price, but 1440p on a 32" may be not enough?
Asus PG279Q, expensive, and black uniformity seems to be a mess...
Aus Predator X27, expensive for what it worth (and trouble to get one here in Montreal, same with XB3)

So, any suggestions? 

You seem to be on the ball when it comes to specs and possible options.

if u havnt already i invite you to check out review sites like rtings.com whom have a robust search and filter feature.

IMO 1440p at 32" is fine btw. More often than not people ..the majority ..mistake Aliasing caused by rendering resolution vs screen size , for pixelation caused by low PPI, which is far harder to notice.

If when using a 1440p monitor at 32" u think it looks to 'pixelated' or 'jagged/aliased' , simply increase the rendering resolution and/or use a higher/better form of AA.

From what u have listed you basically after a VA panel display of any normal size, with good accuracy ..ill stop here.

You say 'accuracy' ..but do u mean color gamut ? Because all monitors can be made accurate with a simple calibration.(all be it requiring u to buy a calibrator)

Durability is ..meh. LCDs tend to last.

Correct latency im going to assume u mean pixel response speed. In which case its a good thing ur not a competitive gamer because u wont get fast enough pixel response for that level of gaming with a VA panel. But some VA's are plenty good enough for non competitive play.

Resolution. yea thats fine most good monitors are 1440p or 4k now anyway.

HDR , this is the stumbling point. Most monitors are HDR'nt. meaning they dont do very well here.

Since you own a OLED, perhaps you should consider LGs upcoming 48" CX  display. Though its not within ur size range and durability is questionable, it will certainly hit all the other marks ..and then some.

Beyond that  and the ones u have already mentioned , i can only see the following as an option.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/samsung/c49rg9-crg9

Its an super-ultrawide, so its width may be an issue, it ticks all the boxes bar 1. While it is a VA and thus has the potential for good black levels, and can have good blacks with its basic edge lit 10 zone local dimming support, its black uniformity without local dimming is disappointing.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |