GPU Good For Streaming/Content Creation

X_CRONER

Hi i am making a new build i have a budget of 330-350$ for a gpu so i don't know what to chose could you help me plz?

6 minutes ago, X_CRONER said:

Hi i am making a new build i have a budget of 330-350$ for a gpu so i don't know what to chose could you help me plz?

The RX 5700 can do streaming if you update the OBS encoder to this one, 720p 60fps
https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/amd-hardware-encoder-s.427/

It'll be faster in gaming than the nvidia GPUs in the same price bracket as they're all inflated for the moment

you want a 2060/super otherwise

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 minutes ago, X_CRONER said:

the 2060 is perfect for streaming thanks to the encoder. the amd one is not that powerful. if you can pick a 2060 SUPER.

2 minutes ago, Its_MrMa said:

the 2060 is perfect for streaming thanks to the encoder. the amd one is not that powerful. if you can pick a 2060 SUPER.

That's very much wrong. The 5700 is slightly ahead of the 2060 Super and over 20% faster compared to the normal 2060. It's also cheaper. And for 2060 Super money you get a 5700 XT which almost matches a 2070 Super

35 minutes ago, X_CRONER said:

Now you can encode your streams with the nvec or the new amd encoder (forgot what it is called ) but for better quality I recommend just using h264 because you get more control over your stream quality

But if you still want a GPU encoder 

Both amd and nvidea have awesome encoders for what they are 

I still would recommend nvec but the 5700 is faster while being cheaper than the 2060 super 

So the 5700 will do 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

On 5/11/2020 at 10:28 AM, 5x5 said:

That's very much wrong. The 5700 is slightly ahead of the 2060 Super and over 20% faster compared to the normal 2060. It's also cheaper. And for 2060 Super money you get a 5700 XT which almost matches a 2070 Super

i was talking about their encoder