I am lost On How to pick my monitor

NightsGamingHD01

I hope someone here can really help i am a content creator for youtube and twitch.tv  and i have been using a vizio 4K60hz TV for my every day use and i am tried of it I want to get out of 60Hz and start using my tv for movies or something else and i have been looking this monitor for a while but I still think it's a little two high in price Acer Predator Z35P bmiphz 35" Curved 1800R QHD (3440x1440) NVIDIA G-SYNC VA Monitor and I want o be stay around that area if possible but with good coloring and refresh rate i have been stuck on a 60hz panel sense 1999 and it's time to change i need something that is not going break but is good I am lost on when it comes to this part and how to choose a monitor I do not want to make 1080p content i would like to start making 1440p content if possible can someone please help me in this matter 

6 minutes ago, NightsGamingHD01 said:

I hope someone here can really help i am a content creator for youtube and twitch.tv  and i have been using a vizio 4K60hz TV for my every day use and i am tried of it I want to get out of 60Hz and start using my tv for movies or something else and i have been looking this monitor for a while but I still think it's a little two high in price Acer Predator Z35P bmiphz 35" Curved 1800R QHD (3440x1440) NVIDIA G-SYNC VA Monitor and I want o be stay around that area if possible but with good coloring and refresh rate i have been stuck on a 60hz panel sense 1999 and it's time to change i need something that is not going break but is good I am lost on when it comes to this part and how to choose a monitor I do not want to make 1080p content i would like to start making 1440p content if possible can someone please help me in this matter 

Welcome.

There is alot more to displays than what u see in the spec sheets, infact specs tell u very little in comparison, there is alot of important information that can only be gleaned from thoroughly tested reviews.

Check out the following links.

https://www.rtings.com/user/ratings/mQInJLi7qiX8GQ

https://www.rtings.com/user/ratings/ABkArd5QEMduIA

That website also has a 'table tool' that u can customize to filter displays by test results. This can help u find a display that matches ur requirements.

however ull need to understand the test results in the 1st place. Thankfully if u bring up any review at rtings u can find little ? next to each test which can , if u follow the links that pop up, explain everything.

Good news is , u seem to have a good enough budget to allow u to consider some good displays.

After looking at the site and learning the various aspects of displays, come back with some specific requirements / desires for what u'd want in a display and we can give u some possible options if any exist that have been tested and reviewed.

Any display suggested to you that has no tested review, will be based on specs and/or subjective opinion so no guarantee can be made on the actual quality of the display.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

This is very important if you're serious about content creation.

I'm a huge advocate of UWQHD monitors, I think they're absolutely amazing, and I love mine. However there is an issue with it.

YouTube and Twitch don't support the 21:9 aspect ratio, so whenever I've streamed or uploaded to youtube, I've had to jump through hoops to get it to scale down to 2560x1080, and then when you upload/stream you're still going to have black bars on the top and bottom.

I honestly couldn't care less because I take neither seriously, and it still looks good enough for me, but if you're seriously into content creation black bars on all your streams/video could cause lots of issues for you and your audience.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

6 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Welcome.

There is alot more to displays than what u see in the spec sheets, infact specs tell u very little in comparison, there is alot of important information that can only be gleaned from thoroughly tested reviews.

Check out the following links.

https://www.rtings.com/user/ratings/mQInJLi7qiX8GQ

https://www.rtings.com/user/ratings/ABkArd5QEMduIA

That website also has a 'table tool' that u can customize to filter displays by test results. This can help u find a display that matches ur requirements.

however ull need to understand the test results in the 1st place. Thankfully if u bring up any review at rtings u can find little ? next to each test which can , if u follow the links that pop up, explain everything.

Just wanted to ask how is these links going to help me find a monitor. I have seen every review and there are a lot of pro's and cons and I see a lot more cons then pros thanks for the help I'll look into these links 

7 minutes ago, Statik said:

This is very important if you're serious about content creation.

I'm a huge advocate of UWQHD monitors, I think they're absolutely amazing, and I love mine. However there is an issue with it.

YouTube and Twitch don't support the 21:9 aspect ratio, so whenever I've streamed or uploaded to youtube, I've had to jump through hoops to get it to scale down to 2560x1080, and then when you upload/stream you're still going to have black bars on the top and bottom.

I honestly couldn't care less because I take neither seriously, and it still looks good enough for me, but if you're seriously into content creation black bars on all your streams/video could cause lots of issues for you and your audience.

I use adobe Premiere pro so that will not a issues on my part because i use my elgato 4KHD60 to record gameplay from ps4 to pc. and i really would love to stick around the 1440p range and if there is a setting that i need to change in the ini.file i can in most steam games. now if there is a better 16.9 i would love to check out that is about 34 to 35 inches and I just wanted to see whats the ultra wide is about and they look really good when it comes to playing some games that has a lot of good colors also i need something with G-sync because i do not run AMD card i have a 2080ti

4 minutes ago, NightsGamingHD01 said:

I use adobe Premiere pro so that will not a issues on my part because i use my elgato 4KHD60 to record gameplay from ps4 to pc. and i really would love to stick around the 1440p range and if there is a setting that i need to change in the ini.file i can in most steam games. now if there is a better 16.9 i would love to check out that is about 34 to 35 inches and I just wanted to see whats the ultra wide is about and they look really good when it comes to playing some games that has a lot of good colors also i need something with G-sync because i do not run AMD card i have a 2080ti

Freesync is compatible with any 10 series Nvidia GPU and up.

And how does that work? I don't know much about capture cards. You can use that to capture a different aspect ratio than what you're playing?

EDIT: What is your budget?

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

1 minute ago, Statik said:

And how does that work? I don't know much about capture cards. You can use that to capture a different aspect ratio than what you're playing?

I play Apex and COD's warzone and a lot of stuff i play 

14 minutes ago, NightsGamingHD01 said:

Just wanted to ask how is these links going to help me find a monitor. I have seen every review and there are a lot of pro's and cons and I see a lot more cons then pros thanks for the help I'll look into these links 

I'm afraid the display industry is an industry of compromise. LCD technology is inherently a flawed display technology, each of the 3 primary panel types has strengths and weaknesses, which means every LCD monitor will have an issue of some kind.

A super fast gaming monitor using a TN display for example will have poor contrast terrible blacks poor viewing angles and wont have a terribly great color gamut, but the pixel response will be fast so u wont get much blur.

A high accuracy IPS monitor will have great color gamuts and coverage, 'may' have good factory calibration, will have good viewing angles, but being IPS it will suffer IPS glow and wont have as fast a pixel response, contrast will also likely be at most around 1000:1

A good VA monitor will have great contrast and black levels for a LCD, and can have good color gamut , and like all display can also be accurate if calibrated, but will have issues with pixel response times, especially dark transitions.

The links provided use a custom rating system i made to sort display that have been reviewed by rtings, by those that have both good image quality and good enough gaming performance. Thus those near the top are monitors u should look at if they meet ur requirements, which u will know by looking at the individual reviews and the specs listed in the table itself.

If come at use with specifics like for example  do u need good factory calibration ? or can u calibrate it urself ...what SRGB, Adobe RGB and DCI-p3 coverage u'd like, how important contrast is.. pixel response ..viewing angles etc etc, we can narrow down options better.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

11 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

I'm afraid the display industry is an industry of compromise. LCD technology is inherently a flawed display technology, each of the 3 primary panel types has strengths and weaknesses, which means every LCD monitor will have an issue of some kind.

A super fast gaming monitor using a TN display for example will have poor contrast terrible blacks poor viewing angles and wont have a terribly great color gamut, but the pixel response will be fast so u wont get much blur.

A high accuracy IPS monitor will have great color gamuts and coverage, 'may' have good factory calibration, will have good viewing angles, but being IPS it will suffer IPS glow and wont have as fast a pixel response, contrast will also likely be at most around 1000:1

A good VA monitor will have great contrast and black levels for a LCD, and can have good color gamut , and like all display can also be accurate if calibrated, but will have issues with pixel response times, especially dark transitions.

The links provided use a custom rating system i made to sort display that have been reviewed by rtings, by those that have booth good image quality and good enough gaming performance. Thus those near the top are monitors u should look at if they meet ur requirements, which u will no by looking at the individual reviews and the specs listed in the table itself.

If come at use with specifics like for example  do u need good factory calibration ? or can u calibrate it urself ...what SRGB, Adobe RGB and DCI-p3 coverage u'd like, how important contrast is.. pixel response ..viewing angles etc etc, we can narrow down options better.

My factor is gaming and stream content creation I can really give spec one what i am looking for because Panel have changed so much so would like to have of the spec of my tv with higher refresh rate My TV is 4K Ultra HD with good color just it's just set to 60Hz I under stand you want me to really technical with you but i can not. because I have no idea about panels I want the colors to look good and blacks to be black and whites to be white and red to be reds blues to be blues. that is the best i can do I would love to have 144hz or 100hz here is some links of monitors i am looking at right now I dont get the old spec thing when it comes to monitors and why but these are the two i am looking at the still way to high but i know faster the refresh rate is better then 60z

https://www.amazon.com/Sceptre-C355W-3440UN-Super-Curved-Ultrawide/dp/B0812DKDD9?ref_=s9_apbd_simh_hd_bw_b1PRa8h&pf_rd_r=DMBGB7DYD1JJ4G44ENVE&pf_rd_p=cdc23760-bcad-51dd-89a5-59f1c87ba3c4&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-11&pf_rd_t=BROWSE&pf_rd_i=1292115011

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06ZZDYVQM/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

23 minutes ago, NightsGamingHD01 said:

My factor is gaming and stream content creation I can really give spec one what i am looking for because Panel have changed so much so would like to have of the spec of my tv with higher refresh rate My TV is 4K Ultra HD with good color just it's just set to 60Hz I under stand you want me to really technical with you but i can not. because I have no idea about panels I want the colors to look good and blacks to be black and whites to be white and red to be reds blues to be blues. that is the best i can do I would love to have 144hz or 100hz 

ok well unfortunately since ur after an ultrawide, there are not to many of them that have been tested and reviewed so options in that regard are slim.

In fact the following are the only ones that meet ur requirements of Ultrawide  + high refresh + VA panel for good blacks.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tools/table/28967

This includes the display u linked in ur OP btw which seems like , when price is taken into consideration, the best option out those reviewed.

U might want to consider the Nexeus EDG 34 aswell if its available in ur area for the right price as it has basic HDR and a higher refresh aswell as better contrast. Pixel response cant be accurately compared due to a difference in testing method between the reviews.

32 minutes ago, Statik said:

any where from 699 to about 599 is where my budget is at this moment in time really anything above that right now because i bought a 2080ti would kill my budget 

13 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

ok well unfortunately since ur after an ultrawide, there are not to many of them that have been tested and reviewed so options in that regard are slim.

In fact the following are the only ones that meet ur requirements of Ultrawide  + high refresh + VA panel for good blacks.

This includes the display u linked in ur OP btw which seems like , when price is taken into consideration, the best option out those reviewed.

Okay I have look at tones of youtube review and read a lot of reviews. can i have just been really lost when it comes to panel VA Panel Or ISP Panel Or CRT Panel that's where i get a little confused with because like i said I've been using 1080p 60hz panels and now i am on 4K Vizio TV and colors look amazing great how ever the refresh rate is only 60hz and i just wanted to be led into the right direction on type of panel in ultra wide would best for me My computer is a ryzen 1600x 16gigs of ram and 2080ti  and I wanted some thing that just look really good when it came to a nice computer monitor where colors are not washed out and there is not film gain on top it that is the best way i can explain it and the links i have gave you to look in your mind would you give them a shot yes or no sorry if i am making this two hard I am not a monitor tech here 

20 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

U might want to consider the Nexeus EDG 34 aswell if its available in ur area for the right price as it has basic HDR and a higher refresh aswell as better contrast. Pixel response cant be accurately compared due to a difference in testing method between the reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/Nixeus-Ultrawide-FreeSync-Certified-NX-EDG34S/dp/B07ZG7R5BB/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=nixeus+edg+34&qid=1589152944&s=electronics&sr=1-1  this looks good but in the description it does not say HDR which i  love HDR But i am not interesting for game as not a lot of games are using HDR textures. which still looks amazing 

On 5/11/2020 at 12:25 AM, NightsGamingHD01 said:

https://www.amazon.com/Nixeus-Ultrawide-FreeSync-Certified-NX-EDG34S/dp/B07ZG7R5BB/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=nixeus+edg+34&qid=1589152944&s=electronics&sr=1-1  this looks good but in the description it does not say HDR which i  love HDR But i am not interesting for game as not a lot of games are using HDR textures. which still looks amazing 

It is HDR 'ready' but has not been certified. This is explained on their website. This is why the review has the HDR tests results but the advertising material on retailers does not say anything about it.

https://www.nixeus.com/nx-edg34

Regardless, it is only basic HDR, since it peaks at 'only 330nits' , this isnt unusual for monitor though.