I need advice on my upgrade path

Budget (including currency): $275 CAD ($200 USD)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Valorant, Minecraft, COD, HOI4. Possibly more demanding games in the future. Also streaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I build my PC a year and a half ago. Right now I have:

-Athlon 200ge

-GTX 760 2gb

-8gb 2400MHz RAM (One stick & can add another)

-550w PSU

I can run most esports games and AAA titles over 60 FPS but I'm looking for a little more umph. I have also started streaming and am able to stream PS2 games, Gamecube games, Valorant and Minecraft but thats about it. What would be the best upgrade given my budget? Thx :)

1 minute ago, Finnalips said:

What motherboard?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

no offense but triple  a titles with a card that is 7 years old what tripple a title is this first of all every good gpu will be bottlenecked by your cpu and the other way round because it is cheaper to go with the better gpu i would go this rout because you don't want to go the upgrade path of yes this is an old archietcture that is in games totaly out performed by a lot and isn't much more expensive and more future proof 

your 760 struggles in any modern triple a title i found even a lower res like 1600*900 dropping often between 30 fps without looking good all the settings as low as i could go yes so thats not to good for like 200usd would get a used rx 580/590 8gb (especially if used for mining guys i know they run a lot a 100%(more like 80 due to undervolting and underclocking(it is like a truck if they have 10 times the millage of car they are still in a better conditions) those cards didn't heat up because nobody cared about noise so fans to 100%(also a good example is a chain if you stress it hard for lange time minimal damage if you often push it over its limits rapidly for long time its gonna fail sooner or later

20 minutes ago, Finnalips said:

Budget (including currency): $275 CAD ($200 USD)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Valorant, Minecraft, COD, HOI4. Possibly more demanding games in the future. Also streaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I build my PC a year and a half ago. Right now I have:

-Athlon 200ge

-GTX 760 2gb

-8gb 2400MHz RAM (One stick & can add another)

-550w PSU

I can run most esports games and AAA titles over 60 FPS but I'm looking for a little more umph. I have also started streaming and am able to stream PS2 games, Gamecube games, Valorant and Minecraft but thats about it. What would be the best upgrade given my budget? Thx :)

)

36 minutes ago, maxdei said:

no offense but triple  a titles with a card that is 7 years old what tripple a title is this first of all every good gpu will be bottlenecked by your cpu and the other way round because it is cheaper to go with the better gpu i would go this rout because you don't want to go the upgrade path of yes this is an old archietcture that is in games totaly out performed by a lot and isn't much more expensive and more future proof 

your 760 struggles in any modern triple a title i found even a lower res like 1600*900 dropping often between 30 fps without looking good all the settings as low as i could go yes so thats not to good for like 200usd would get a used rx 580/590 8gb (especially if used for mining guys i know they run a lot a 100%(more like 80 due to undervolting and underclocking(it is like a truck if they have 10 times the millage of car they are still in a better conditions) those cards didn't heat up because nobody cared about noise so fans to 100%(also a good example is a chain if you stress it hard for lange time minimal damage if you often push it over its limits rapidly for long time its gonna fail sooner or later

)

I didn’t see any triple a titles on his list.  It was all low load cpu intensive esports and emulation stuff.

given the rig and proposed budget I’m assuming the monitor is 1080p/60hz. I know nothing about that athalon.  The motherboard question still hasn’t been answered and needs to be.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

9 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I didn’t see any triple a titles on his list.  It was all low load cpu intensive esports and emulation stuff.

given the rig and proposed budget I’m assuming the monitor is 1080p/60hz. I know nothing about that athalon.  The motherboard question still hasn’t been answered and needs to be.

he said trippe a at 60fps

17 minutes ago, maxdei said:

He says he already can run most triple A at 60 fps:

1 hour ago, Finnalips said:

I can run most esports games and AAA titles over 60 FPS

1 minute ago, gloop said:

He says he already can run most triple A at 60 fps:

that is the problem his current card barly get 40 fps in actual tripple a a lowest settings or even 30-20 fps

Please post your full specs, there's not way you can get 60FPS on modern triple A titles with a GTX 780 (except for Doom and Doom Eternal maybe?). I would buy an RX 560 or 570 4GB used on Ebay. I can't comment if you have to upgrade your CPU because you didn't specify what Mobo you have.

"Tolerance is the lube that helps the dildo of dysfunction slip into the ass of a civilized society" - Plato 427-347 BC

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" - Aristotle 384-322 BC

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" - Lebiniz 1st of July 1646 - 14th of November 1716

2 hours ago, maxdei said:

Ah.  I see that now.  Different list in a different paragraph.  I don’t believe he could run modern Triple a titles with that card either.  They would have to be very old ones. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.